Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

GTA 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008 | 09:33 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: GTA 4

I have never played any of this series before. I picked it up a few hours ago. The car drives like ****. I am not sure if I like it yet.

Old 09-20-2008 | 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I have never played any of this series before. I picked it up a few hours ago. The car drives like ****. I am not sure if I like it yet.

Each vehicle drives different.

When you're on the middle island, there is a "ferrari" dealership (turismo car). If looking at the map its left of the park at the corner of Bismarck and pyrite, across from high price clothing store. I think its the best car on the game. Fast and controllable.

Just walk in or cap the glass and take one. I used it to win all my car races.

Old 09-20-2008 | 10:12 PM
|

or just type in the code 227-555-0100 ...you get the car, and dont block anything out. Thats what ive been doing

Old 09-20-2008 | 10:20 PM

yea i didnt like it at first either. i didnt like the driving physics, or how u have to control the camera, but once u get a few game hours in and get used to it, its pretty nice.
u just gotta learn the power slide and braking techniques (which is why u get so many pointless "run here run there" missions at the beginning and dont get guns)

i havent played this for a while but i love this game because theres is so much depth, and its one of the games that i actually bought for the story and not XBL. but, if u get a few friends and get in a team deathmatch it can be prety fun to run drive bys haha.

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Old 09-20-2008 | 11:33 PM
|

Yeah..i HATED HATED HATED the camera movement at first. i was ready to quit right then and there. but you are right G3N, that must be why you do the lame missions in the beginning. I am only like 55% complete on the story to. i do too much driving around and shooting cops.

Old 09-21-2008 | 12:42 AM
|

damnit..had something longer typed but got the error. Im on the level where i have to get the crack off of the boats and i have that one dill hole to help me..belle or whatever. and when there is like 50+ people in the building he just fking shouts "IM GOING IN!!" and 10 seconds later i get the "belle is dead" message and have to restart..ive done this 7 damn times..next time..im just gonna shoot the peckerhead in the face and call it good.

Old 09-22-2008 | 05:23 AM

^Lol I remember that level. I didn't have that trouble, dump the truck right outside the entrance and use it for cover, weird he didn't run in guns blazing when I did it.

Old 09-22-2008 | 11:55 AM
Retired Moderator

I am getting used to driving, and I have to admit I am really digging this game. I was playing in the living room last night, and my wife was entertained watching it. She got all excited when I was running from the cops...and a little grossed out when I kept stomping dudes after I beat them up. Pretty cool...I can't wait to bone my date. [sm=pimp.gif]

Old 09-22-2008 | 02:00 PM

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

Damnit! i dont want it to END. For once i WANT to be sick. I could go for 10 days of laying in bed eating vicodin and playing GTA. Sounds like heaven!!
i almost want to wreck my bike so i can get out of work and make that come true...

Old 09-22-2008 | 04:34 PM
Retired Moderator

I just played at lunchtime...ended up going back to work 1/2 hr late. Good thing it's relaxed there. So anyway, I got run over by some dude, so I yanked him out of the car, and before I could take off, he yanked me out. That pissed me off and I was going to kill his ***, but he tried to get away in the car. I sprinted after him and caught him because he kept crashing into other cars while trying to get away. I pulled him out and ran him over. I love this game...