Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

GSXR 1000 K6

Old 08-30-2006, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSXR 1000 K6

So, a few days ago I recounted a story how my friend (2 months experience w/bikes) bought an '06 Gixxer 1k, which was a great idea. I rode over tonight and played around with it. The damage from his drop wasn't too bad, just a few light scratches, broke in half clutch lever and bent shifter. So we went out for a ride, and I made sure he was in front of me, for obvious reasons lol. His riding has gotten much better since his first bike two months ago, so that was good to see.
Anyway, I thoroughly inspected the gixxer and I have to say it's a pretty nice bike quality wise. Took it out for a short ride and it handles pretty well with a TON of power. It's not even working just for normal acceleration. I also had to watch the 6k rpm and whatnot since it has 120 miles on it. A feature that was really nice was the gear indicator. No counting or guess work involved. It did feel a little heavy in corners, but I'm sure all liters do. Overall, really nice bike. It's just a shame that the gixxers tend to be the squid bike of choice, not sure why though. I'll be sticking with the hondas however. I also kept beating in the 'gear' speech to him, but didn't get too far. I'll keep working on that one. I'm also planning on helping him with his riding.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Default RE: GSXR 1000 K6

The gixxers are bike of choice because of the cool features price, availability of aftermarket etc. When they mess up its easy to find replacement parts. I like them. Honestly the difference between most bikes amongst brands is simply preference. they are all so close that any race is really in the hands of the rider. i like the gear indicator, good idea cheap to do prolly cost them $10 per bike if that and some schmuck will buy it over another simply because it has that 1 extra. also with the new gp 800 class the gsx750 looks mighty fine....a 600 with some more cahoneys

Old 08-30-2006, 10:52 PM

i love the dependability and performance of my f4i but i have to admit the gsxr is the sharpest looking bike on the market, from the plastic to the color schemes it just looks awesome.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: F4inorfolkva

i love the dependability and performance of my f4i but i have to admit the gsxr is the sharpest looking bike on the market, from the plastic to the color schemes it just looks awesome.
Yeah, I'll agree. I'll most likely always buy honda, but I will say I was impressed. I had always thought of suzuki as being junk. I really liked how the rear signals are integrated into the bodywork and the front signals in the mirrors. Not too keen on the headlight config though. It did feel really solid and stable at very low speeds. I wasn't too fond of the extra wide tank, but the seat was also surprisingly comfy. I think as far as reliability and overall workmanship and years of dependable use, the honda wins.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:06 AM

I love them both! The Honda looks good and has the reputation of reliability, but I just love the headlight of the gixxer. Something about having both lights lined up one over the other. I also love the grey/black paint scheme as well as the blue/white one. I think it looks dumb on the Honda's when you're going down the road with just the low beam on, it looks like you're driving with a blown headlight or something. That Orange/Black tribal paint on the 600 though totally rocks!

I dunno, guess I'll just have to buy them both now.

[sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 08-31-2006, 03:30 AM

In my opinion, ****zuki is horrible. I hate the styling other than the tail section. I would rather have a Honda or a Yamaha. Although, I think Kow's look nice as race bikes. I would only buy the ZX10R because I think the other ones are ugly.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh mang...i love gsxrs...they are hot bikes and great performers...but mang...they don't crash too well...i think hondas crash the best...i mean like more rideable after but could just be the type crash...

i like the zx10...the nekked one...i think that is one hot bike...i'd bust reasets and pipe on that and then ride it like a sportbike mang!

Old 09-06-2006, 02:19 PM

so what is a bette bike? Gixser or RR

Old 09-06-2006, 02:31 PM

I'll take my HONDA any day of the week...................................

Old 09-06-2006, 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrlvr

I'll take my HONDA any day of the week...................................

NO JOKE, NOT EVEN A COMPARISON

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GSXR 1000 K6