Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gremlin Bells?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007 | 07:47 AM
|
Default Gremlin Bells?

A friend/coworker/fellow rider gave me one today. I thought it was a very nice gesture and it comes with a little card describing it's purpose. It's story is that it's supposed to ward off evil gremlins that cause bike malfunctions and cause your bike to steer toward road hazards. Of course, it's a superstitious thing and some people may laugh about it (including me if someone would have told me) but I was kind of touched by it. Apparently, if you buy one yourself, the "power" works, if it's given to you, it posesses double the power.

I was just wondering if anybody on here has any on their bikes or if they have anything that they use sort of as a good luck charm or something.

http://www.gremlinbells.com was the url printed on the little card.

Old 07-09-2007 | 09:11 AM
TEN
Default RE: Gremlin Bells?

Actually yes, I had one given to me by a fellow rider. I have it in my "trunk". Most people either hang it from their forks somehow, or underneath the frame. It's more of a Harley rider thing, but it's still a pretty cool gesture.

It's worked for me so far....knock on wood!

Old 07-09-2007 | 09:46 AM
Banned

Yeah my girlfirends bike had one on it when we got it.

She doesn't like it too much and we're not sure if they're is a sacremental process in removing it so it's still there...

Anyone know?

Old 07-09-2007 | 10:05 AM
Retired Moderator

I like that kind of stuff. I have a Blues Boy Mojo that I keep in my guitar case. I don't believe in that kind of stuff to be honest, but I like the idea of good luck and bad luck.

Old 07-09-2007 | 10:06 AM

If your girlfriend is hot, the process of removing the gremlin bell from the bike is as follows:
She must put on the special attire, which consists ofa black thong, a black lacey bra, and high heels of at least 3". She must bend ONLY at the waist to untie the bell. Bending at the knees will cause a curse to be put on the motorcycle. Also, you must take pictures and upload them to this thread. If these instructions are closely followed, the blessings of the bell will remain with the bike even with the bell removed.

If your girlfriend is so-so or ugly: Just take it off.

Old 07-09-2007 | 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

If your girlfriend is hot, the process of removing the gremlin bell from the bike is as follows:
She must put on the special attire, which consists ofa black thong, a black lacey bra, and high heels of at least 3". She must bend ONLY at the waist to untie the bell. Bending at the knees will cause a curse to be put on the motorcycle. Also, you must take pictures and upload them to this thread. If these instructions are closely followed, the blessings of the bell will remain with the bike even with the bell removed.

+1 [sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif] My dad has one, and so do a couple of my friends that i ride with.i always heard that you COULDNT buy one for yourself, it had to be given to you orelse it was worthless. but w/e works. wish i woulda had one of those about aweek ago so i wouldnt have busted my *** so hard.

Old 07-09-2007 | 12:19 PM
TEN

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

Fantastic! In fact make it a party, invite some friends over, have a few beers. That curse is as good as gone.

Old 07-10-2007 | 10:57 AM

Everybody I ride with, who has a cruiser, has one and they swear they work. And they all swear it has to be given to you, double power if the chick is hot, 4x power if your wife and you love her, negative power for ugly chicks or ex-es. If you believe that stuff.
Of course nobody got me one...
Did youhear the part about how the bell traps the gremlin and then when they can't takethe ringing anymore they fall out and cause potholes?

Old 07-10-2007 | 11:30 AM

new to me.......this just in, you guys are officially insane.

Old 07-10-2007 | 02:49 PM
|

I'm not a superstitious person, but I'm going to keep it and put it on the bike just somewhat of a reminder of a kind gesture, and to be careful when riding. I just have to find a place to put tie it. right now, it's riding in my jacket pocket.

Quick Reply: Gremlin Bells?