Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Great insurance, saved me$$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great insurance, saved me$$$$$$

Hey all, meant to post up earlier, but I just got approved through State farm and and it's a done deal. I was paying 1100 or so full coverage a year through Geico, which was the cheapest by far from all the major companies, and even the smaller or local guys. I don't know why I never checked state farm, but I kept hearing on here how cheap they were, so I gave em a call and got a deal for 435 a year, 200 deductable, full coverage on my 06 1K RR. I'm 30, 15 years of driving/riding ZERO marks on my record, so for what its worth, they saved me over 50% , just thought I'd pass it along.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:22 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Great insurance, saved me$$$$$$

Yep, I've been saying that in bolded capital letters on here since I've joined this forum.

STATE FARM ROCKS!!!!!

Gieco wanted somewhere like $6000/year. (yeah right). I almost fell out of my seat when they said it would be $73.00/month for full coverage. Even when you have to claim something.......they're very fast and repsonsive with it.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:32 AM

no kiddin. With Geico, I thought it was a great deal based on other quotes. I was paying 112 a month or so. Now it's down to 44 a month. Geez, finally I got a break on something.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:32 PM

I have to jump in and second this. State Farm is the whole reason I was able to get a new bike. If I had to pay Geico rates I'd be stuck with my crappy f4i.

Did you insure your car with them too? If not get ready to save a ton more.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 PM

Dairyland was the way for me... $108 yr

Old 03-21-2007, 11:44 PM

im with american modern, $447/yr, thats $37/mo. i did not get a quote from state farm, but i have heard you must have coverage on something else (car, house) or they wont write you for a bike alone. any truth to this with you guys?

Old 03-21-2007, 11:48 PM

Tel or RRasco, you guys got numbers or websites for them?

Old 03-22-2007, 12:03 AM

+1 STATE FARM
Also have homeowners, HONDA minivan, FZR600, and CBR1k covered.

Heard from a previous post they might drop your coverage if you file a claim.
Anyone have problems with that?

Old 03-22-2007, 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

im with american modern, $447/yr, thats $37/mo. i did not get a quote from state farm, but i have heard you must have coverage on something else (car, house) or they wont write you for a bike alone. any truth to this with you guys?
Untrue. I have never been with state farm and do not have my cars with them. Because I didn't have a car with them, they sent my quote and proposed policy to an underwritter who reviews the package and gives a yes or no recommendation. Rarely does someone get rejected, if they do, mostly cause they lied about a DUI or tickets or what not I am told. Anyhow, made the call monday morning and signed the paperwork this evening. Unfortunately, they couldn't compete with my current auto and home insurance wich is through Allstate. No problems with allstate, but they wouldn't write ANY sportbike, so thats why I was with Geico.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:29 AM

I had life and home insurance with state farm, and was told in person by my agent whom I know reasonably well
that they "couldn't" do our bikes (mine and my wifes) without auto insurance. I am in Northern VA/ DC metro, but may
be different elsewhere.

I know people have posted that there is a work around for this, which I asked about, and was told it could be done.
Either way, when I bought my car, my total insurance for the two bikes and the car (full coverage) with State farm was
cheaper than the cost of my two bikes with Progressive. Other than this head scratcher situation, State Farm has been awesome,
no claims yet so can't comment on that.

Quick Reply: Great insurance, saved me$$$$$$