Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The grass isn`t greener.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 03:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The grass isn`t greener.

I think Mick from the Stones summed it up with words "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need'. (bearing in mind that he also said 'He can't get no satisfaction')

Old 11-22-2008, 05:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both of the sides aren't very green when you have herpes

Old 11-22-2008, 05:44 AM

Lol no.. I'm not a really big proponent of the whole "the grass is always greener" saying. I believe that if you aren't happy with what you've got don't settle with the mediocre just because you think that other's might not be as happy as you are. Go out and make better if you can.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

Lol no.. I'm not a really big proponent of the whole "the grass is always greener" saying. I believe that if you aren't happy with what you've got don't settle with the mediocre just because you think that other's might not be as happy as you are. Go out and make better if you can.
Well, that's the whole thing...You don`t settle. I don`t believe there is any reason to leave one person for another. You leave because you can`t get it the relationship where it needs to be.

You don`t like your job, then make changes to make it what you want. My boss, started off in my position and he started to hate it and was ready to quit. He decided to evaluate what he wanted out of the job. From there he becoming the training, recruitment and development manager. He`s now the VP of the company. His old position was broken apart. I`m now the development (software/database) manager and 2 other people cover the training and recruitment.

I was getting tired of my job, but I loved developing software. I made positions for myself by writing up demo programs to show potential of how things could help the company while I was providing phone support. That is how I ended up where I`m at and I couldn`t be happier.

If you are unable to get what you want out of your job, then move on.

That is far from just "settling."

Don`t sit on your laurels moaning and groaning that you hate your job. Put forth the effort to get noticed and get in a position to make the necessary changes or JUST make the changes. Think of the solution, not the problem.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:52 AM

In other words...

The grass may or may not be greener on the other side of the fence,

But it's up to you whether to pack up and move... or break out the fertilizer and sprinklers right where you're at.

Only you can make that decision.

Quick Reply: The grass isn`t greener.