Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got a ticket

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a ticket

Like it says I just got a ticket comming home from a long ride. The only problem with this is that I was not doing the speed that he said, He paced me and 2 other bikes at 90 in a 65 going around a turn and changing lanes from the fast lane over 4 LANES to get off at the exit. Normally I would take my punishment at just pay the ticket but I was not doing 90. I have not had a ticket in 5 years and I have not been pulled over at all in that time as well. So my question is what should I do, or what can I do to get out of this????? Please give me some advice on this one. I cannot let this be on my record or I face punishment from my job. (firefighter) if they find out when they check my driving record each year. Hopefully we have some cops on here that can help out.

Thanks
Nick

Old 09-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Got a ticket

no one is gonna believe you were doin the speed limit man, thats like me holding a gun at a crime scene saying i didnt do it! ive had 4 tickets, get a lawyer, or try and get a PJC (Prayer for Judgement Continum) or some ish. anyway, since you dont get alot of tickets id go for that, it just means if you get another ticket within 3years, they both hit you at once, but the bright side is this one kinda goes away, and it doesnt go on your record, just dont get another ticket. id go for the lawyer, i had 94 in a 65 + C/R, and i walked out wiith 74 in a 65

Old 09-13-2006, 12:13 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

when you have to goto court and say wether your guilty, not guilt, guilty with reason or no contest. you shoudl plead guilty with reason. you will have to go back and talk with a DA and tell them your case. you can plead out your case with them and then if u strike a deal the deal will be told to the judge and he will ask you if you accept you say yes. then you go into teh next room make 50 a month payment arrangments and pay that off or you can goto traffic school and get it off your record.. if your really lucky the DA will drop the charges and dismiss . or if you are ***** up and know this is a grave mistake plead not guilty and ask for a trial it usually take about 1 month to schedule . then that means the officer will be there , if he/ she doesnt show the case is automatically dismissed and you win ... your best bet is to plead guilty with reason explain and get the charges reduced .. i got a charge of 80 in a 35 w/ heavy traffic down to 10 mph over speeding charge . and hopefully you get a cute da then just flirt your way out of it

Old 09-13-2006, 03:20 AM

Don't forget to mention the fact that you're a firefighter. This will be HUGE in whomever you talk to believing your story. A firefighter's word is golden compared to Joe Shmoe. Hell I've gotten out of a ticket by just being the son of a firefighter (gotta love those window stickers). If anyone for some reason happens to think it's wrong for him to take advantage of his position like that, eat it. The job they do qualifies them for perks like this and many more as far as I'm concerned.

Hell if I were you I'd throw one of those stickers on your bike (windscreen is perfect). Bringing up the fact that you're a firefighter may seem like you're trying to take advantage of it just to get out of it, but if they see the sticker alot of cops will ask if you or a relative are a firefighter, what station you're at, etc. then out of respect for the job let you off with a warning.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:45 PM

Get a lawyer, go to court, take your slap on the wrist, and move on. 90/65 won't be too bad with no tickets for 5 years. All it comes down to is you're going to cough up some cash..one way or another.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:21 PM

Around here, if there isnt proof that you were doing over the speed limit than they cant get you. A guy called in and said i was doing wheelies on the highway and cutting him off. One, I did one wheelie on the highway and it wasnt even long. 2 he was way back there when i did it and it was in the slow lane. 3 he passed me when I was doing the speed limit and he had to be doing 75 atleast cause he went by pretty fast.

Anyways, I get to town and there is a cop waiting. We go to the jail and he says that he is giving me a speeding ticket and a wheelie ticket and I told him he couldnt do that. He was like "yes i can" I go " Uh, no you cant. 1 you never clocked me you just took a judgement call from someone else that didnt videotape me or the speed that they were going. 2 you cant get me for the wheelie because i didnt do one and there is no proof that I did. Also I had 3 other people saying that we never did wheelies nor got into the fast lane.

I went to court for both and both were dropped because they had no proof.

If a cop pulls you over for speeding, and you ask to see the speed gun, they have to show you if they claim you were doing a certain speed and you think otherwise. If they dont than they cant give you a ticket.

There is also a law about State cops or Mounties or something. I cant remember which ones but they have to have their hat on to give a ticket.
A buddy of mine got pulled over and one tried to give him a ticket and he goes ummm you cant give me **** nor can you pull me over and he was like " oh yea, whys that" and he goes you dont have your hat on. The cop just went back to the car and got in and left. I thought it was hillarious.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:28 PM

Some states may be different, but i had a speeding ticket ammended down to " faulty equipment" which in the state of KY is a non-moving violation so your insurance won't be effected. I paid a Lawyer $50 to do it and had to pay $167 in court fees... well worth it in my opinion...

Old 09-14-2006, 03:42 PM

here in texas you can get defered adjudication (cant spell for $h!#)and if you dont get another ticket for 90 days its stays off your record and goes away.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:16 PM

You got to get a lawyer I know they are costly but your talking about loosing your job.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:57 PM

well I went to court today and I pleaded my argument and the judge droped all the fines, but when it came to the points he said that he had no controll over that because they just passed a new law not allowing judges to wave the points in a no-contest ruling. So I just have to go to traffic school I think to remove the points.

Thanks
NIck

Quick Reply: Got a ticket