Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

got sum xplanin to do

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: got sum xplanin to do

ORIGINAL: Anubis

This is how it is with me, I`m gettin a bike. Ok. (Allow for Response) then if its one that doesn`t approve they get the reply Shut It Bint! and I go get it anyway. Lady`s gotta know where she stands or you`ll have it for the rest of your life mate.

Curious what a "bint" is? I can assume I guess.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:14 PM

well just be careful, because she can easily say, its either the bike or its me if you push it too far. She'll just say, i don't want to have to worry everynight about you and blah blah blah. But if anything, buy the best gear out there n let her know how well it will protect you. Tell her that ur going through ur mid-life crisis or something. If she's not into speed at all, get her on a jet-ski, n then just be like see, its not that different than a motorcycle, but then she'll tell you, but if you fall off a jet-ski you just land in water...So be one step ahead of her, tell her that you can drown without anyone knowing you're out there in the ocean if you get knocked un-conscious. think about the first question she's gonna ask you, think about how ur gonna answer it, n u know she's gonna ask u another question from the response you just gave you, so have an answer ready already. n keep on doing the same thing until she will run out of questions, might be hard, but u gotta do what u gotta do. don't be lazy, you will need to cover ALL types of questions

Old 02-01-2006, 06:51 PM

If the girl says it`s either me or the bike then i say leave. She can`t care to much if she ended up saying that. Hell riding a motorcycle is one of the most dangerous things you can do. There no new news there though, so learn to ride it well and preserve your life as you enjoy the blast.

O and a bint is a term for an annoying woman, in my book.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:14 PM

I would say just come correct to her.... i wouldn't reccomend telling her your getting a bike and thats final. That won't come off too good so just let her know that riding is one of your interest and something you've been wanting to do for a while. If you include her in the decision i think she would feel alot better about it. Also bring up the whole," people get killed in more car accidents than motorcycles" and see what she sais..

Old 02-01-2006, 08:58 PM

A lot depends on why she has a problem with bikes. Just talk to her first - then decide if, how and when to deal with it. There are a lot of dangerous activities in life. One can't wrap one's self in cotton wool and retreat to the nearest tower. All of life is a risk in one way or another. Even relationships carry a variety of risks.
Terry

Old 02-01-2006, 09:24 PM

You said fiancee....meaning you are not technically married......I say just buy the dang thing, put it in the garage, buy 2 helmets and say "You can either wear this one or ill find someone who will".........LOL......Just kidding.....

Old 02-02-2006, 02:50 AM

I cant say im having a midlife crisis hell im only 21...and shes my heart so bike or me is out of the question. Lol i tried the number game with the more cars then bikes geting into auto accident and she responded "exactly theres more cars than bikes..." sigh...shes good.....[>:] anyway i'm winnning the battle so im gonna start to look into 500 cbrs in the san an area anyone looking to sell..im interested.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:54 AM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: Ultimate_17

anyway i'm winnning the battle so im gonna start to look into 500 cbrs in the san an area anyone looking to sell..im interested.

good luck finding a cbr500. they didn't make such a thing. the 500's that would be good starter bikes are the kawasaki ninja 500r and the suzuki gs500. another bike to look at would be the suzuki sv650. they are all nice machines that will serve your learning needs.

Old 02-02-2006, 03:00 AM

It's just a way of life. Being on a bike. Hell I got into an accident, died on the scene, they brought me back and I had a head injury. Spent a year and a half in a rehab hospital learning to walk and talk again. When I got better imagine the words of content against me on a bike. But shortly after they let me drive again I bought my bike. I just told people it was part of me, I would ride for the rest of my life. But if you have never been on one that would be tough. Ask yourself why you want one....if you just think its cool and want to try it out maybe borrow a friends or have a friend you trust take her for a ride. She will either love it or hate it!! Most women love it but you gotta have your friend go easy before they open it up. Find a friend who can feel it out and not scare the crap out of her or she will never agree. And ultimatly you have to stand up for yourself. its something you want. She should respect that. Ask her if she really doesn't trust you? That always gets them in the spot. Of course if she says no, maybe you need to find a new girl...the one drooling over the new bike your gonna buy!! LOL
+1 on that. There's a certain comradery about being on a bike. When you can ride past someone and they give you a wave, even though they don't know you, that's enough to give you the chills. It kinda comes down to what her opinion of you is too. If she thinks you're a wreckless S.O.B in everyday life, she's gonna think you'll be wreckless on a bike too. You gotta make her trust you. Hell, you've gotta have a good head on your shoulders if you're postin this up. Help her understand that this is one of those things in life that you just gotta do. Just my opinion.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:09 AM

well we both street race so..that doesnt help my case..but im starting to outgrow the whole race scene i just want to ride

kawasaki has the 500s oh well i hope the shifting is the same on kawas and hondas
should be i mean manual cars all shift the same its just the damn clutch thats diffrent
is this true for motorcycles too??