Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

got sum xplanin to do

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got sum xplanin to do

ok i really want this bike but my fiancee is really scared that i will get hurt on this thing. I know many of the users here have gone through this situation. What were your winning arguements to get your significant other to relax and let you do the bike thang

Old 02-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: got sum xplanin to do

My wife took out extra life insurance on me...

I don't know what to say. My wife was cool with me buying a bike so I didn't have to talk her into it. I know if you wreck on a bike vs. a car... you have protect in the cage, but on a bike, you're taking some damage. But on a bike, you're more maneuverable and I actually feel safer in my local traffic. I watch ahead and look for bad areas and avoid them.

Old 02-01-2006, 01:53 AM
Retired Mod

sorry man. no help here. i was already into bikes when i met my current girlfriend. and i've actually almost convinced her to get a bike of her own. the only argument that might work is the gas milage thing. explain that riding it will save you money on gas. another tip might be to have her take the msf course with you so she might understand that motorcycles are not as dangerous as she thinks. and definately involve her when looking at bikes. if she helps you pick it out, then maybe she will calm down a little and understand your excitement for the sport.

Old 02-01-2006, 05:05 AM

those are great points!!

however im still a n00b to the motorcycle thing...way back in high school you could talk to me in acronyms and i would keep up as if i had a bike of my own. I was always reading cycleworld, but right now i have read msf about 4 times in 2 diffrent post and i dont know what that is please someone spell it out

Old 02-01-2006, 05:28 AM

Motorcycle Saftey Foundation.
http://www.msf-usa.org/

Old 02-01-2006, 06:37 AM

This is how it is with me, I`m gettin a bike. Ok. (Allow for Response) then if its one that doesn`t approve they get the reply Shut It Bint! and I go get it anyway. Lady`s gotta know where she stands or you`ll have it for the rest of your life mate.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:21 AM

Id go buy the bike then tell her suck your Tail Pipe!!

Old 02-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Retired Administrator

Environment… tell her you’re saving the environment.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:48 AM

when I got my bike, i was still at home, so, it wasn't my wife i had telling me i can't get a bike, it was my mom. She told me i could not have a bike as long as i lived under her roof. Then, she told me if i wanted one, i'd have to move out, so, i started looking into it, then, she rethought, and, told me it was ok to have one. But, now that i'm married, hate to tell you this, but, my wife loves my bike. And, i am also as nine2nine. My wife wants a bike of her own. We've already made afew trips to the local dealer and she's gotten on the ninja 250's and loves em.

Wish I could help more

Tylor

Old 02-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Retired Admin

It's just a way of life. Being on a bike. Hell I got into an accident, died on the scene, they brought me back and I had a head injury. Spent a year and a half in a rehab hospital learning to walk and talk again. When I got better imagine the words of content against me on a bike. But shortly after they let me drive again I bought my bike. I just told people it was part of me, I would ride for the rest of my life. But if you have never been on one that would be tough. Ask yourself why you want one....if you just think its cool and want to try it out maybe borrow a friends or have a friend you trust take her for a ride. She will either love it or hate it!! Most women love it but you gotta have your friend go easy before they open it up. Find a friend who can feel it out and not scare the crap out of her or she will never agree. And ultimatly you have to stand up for yourself. its something you want. She should respect that. Ask her if she really doesn't trust you? That always gets them in the spot. Of course if she says no, maybe you need to find a new girl...the one drooling over the new bike your gonna buy!! LOL