Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

got pulled over by state trooper

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 05:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got pulled over by state trooper

Sunday afternoon after our usual 250+ trip through the back twisties, we were like 3 miles from the house, and right were the speed limit drops from 55 to 45 we crest a hill and pass akentuckystate trooper going the other way. We werent flying, but we werent doing the speed limit either, so I watch my mirrors, and sure enough here he comes flying over the hill, lights flashing and hauling *** after us.Alright play it cool, I just keep at myposted speed limit until he gets up too me, by now we have reached the first light into town, he motions for me to pull over then jumps forward to my buddy that is a car or two ahead of me at the light and gets him too.

So we all pull over into a little parking lot on the side, and man is this guy pissed. He's all red in the face, yelling at my buddy 72 MILES PER HOUR IN TOWN!!!(we werent actually in town yet, like I said, Im not even sure we had hit the 45 zone yet- but I didnt think now was the time to point this out) and going on about somehting else, meanwhile, Im pulling off my helmet and gathing my paperwork for him. He takes our stuff and goes to the car to run our tags. I tell my buddy we f**ked, cause this guy is really worked up, and I just turned in a claim totallingmy bike like 6weeks ago, and my insurance agent aint gonna be happy about this. It seemed like it took forever for him to run the information, and while were standing there, this group of cruisers comes by smirking at us;guess itdidnt help that we had passed those guys about 20min ago, at an extremely high rate of speed.

So the state boy comes back to us, hands us our paperwork and says " 72mph is an arrestable offense, but I believe in Karma, ---both you guys are older than I am, and I ride too, soI also know you been out running hwy 22 havent you? (as a matter of fact yes we had). So, Im gonna let you off with a warning, just to pass it forward. So please guys, slow it down around town" WOW is all I could say as he left.

Me and my buddy speculated if it would have been a different outcome if we haddnt been in full leathers. I think at first he thought he had gotten himself a couple of young punks out being squidly. then we he took a minute and looked us over in our full gear, ran license, and found out we were both in our middle 30's with no priors, he decided ....
well whatever he decided, that it wasnt worth it to ruin our day.

just thought I would pass along another story of "all cops arent all ******** all the time".....unless your in OHIO

Old 06-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: got pulled over by state trooper

see! they can be nice too and not push your bike over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2007, 01:00 PM

y do all of u guyz speed all the time??? post after post, speeding here speeding there. see the sign??? thats the limit. follow it. its there for a reson. i know one in a wile you have the need for speed and go over it but come on not all the time. i am always at the speed limit.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:44 PM

Well this isnt a speedong post or an attempt to jack a thread but here is my brief run in with Johnny Law on Sunday.

I had just crested a large hill on the down slope and there was a stop light.SO i coasted to the stop light and lifted my visor for some fresh air.Now mind you there isnt a helmet law in Illinois......So i resume my trek home and pass 2 police officers in a parking lot and sure enough i see the lights..and im thinkin oooo some poor soul..then he gets behind me...WHAT!..i find a safe patch of road and pull over.I had nothing to worry about so i was calm and took off my helmet and gloves and unzipped my jacket...now for the million dollar question.....
Do you know why i pulled you over?....Do we ever?
He tells me i wasnt wearing eye protection because my visor was up....OMG...
I show license insurance the whole nine..and he takes my license and walks away....20 mins later
He proceeds to tell me that my plate is still registered to my 600 and starts the questions...thinkin i stold the 1000...I was furious and he managed to slip..."Well i ride too"...in there...so he writes me a warning sends me on my way..i was furious..I mean the State of Illinois is worried more about my eyes than my head....whatever...filed in the my funny life moments folder while riding...

Old 06-12-2007, 02:31 PM

Because without eye protection you can CAUSE an accident. They don't care if you die from crashing, but if they can prevent the crash, they will.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:38 PM

omg cops in ohio are freaking ridiculous i was riding home from the hospital on 71 about 11:30 at night doing about 65 in the 55 and this cop comes flying up to about 2 ft from my rear and turns on his spot light blinds me because it was right in my mirrors he does this for like a mile then finally hits his lights i pull over turn off the bike and take off my helmet he comes up and says u know u were speeding right and i agreed and he said you only had one hand on the bars when i pulled behind you (i was relaxin my clutch hand it was starting to cramp up from the 65 mile ride) and he just kept going on sayin how he pulls over so many bikes like mine because they are acting like idiots. he takes my info and goes back to the car then he comes back writes me a written warning and these are his exact words he told me to go the f--- home my jaw hit the ground so i just suited back up and took off on my way home its ridiculous over here!

Old 06-12-2007, 03:40 PM

your lucky. i never get out of tickets. i guess my age and being on a sportbike doesnt help.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:01 PM

all these warnings and no tickets... and i still hate the police.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:35 PM
VP

I don't have a problem with cops for pulling people over and give them a ticket for breaking the law, but I hate ******** cops who think they do no wrong and that everybody on a sportbike is out to break rules.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

I don't have a problem with cops for pulling people over and give them a ticket for breaking the law, but I hate ******** cops who think they do no wrong and that everybody on a sportbike is out to break rules.
No offense, but they probably see way too many d!ckhaids speeding, crashing and dying to not get it in their head that they should pull everyone over for a minor offense. I ride an F2 now and I still get pissed when these A-holes come either flying past my house without stopping for the stop sign, or the rev the hell out of their bike. I've called the cops plenty of times because I don't need my kids getting hit by a punk on his bike who doesn't want to obey the rules.

And the thing about cops in Ohio... Ihaven't been pulled over on my bike yet, but while driving my truck I see way too many people doing 80+on the highway. I wish there were more of them to stop these idiots doing 80 and weaving back and forth between lanes. (in cars and on bikes)

Here's what I don't understand. I can get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt because it's easier for me to die without one, yet a cyclist doesn't even need a helmet here in Ohio. The logic there just doesn't make sense.

Quick Reply: got pulled over by state trooper