Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got the Po Po called on me!!! ARGH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the Po Po called on me!!! ARGH!!!!

Ok, just finished up with dinner and my boys were asking to ride their pocket bikes. So, here it is 7pm or so, and I fire em up, and gear the kids up. Elbow, knee pads, helmet, pants and a long sleeve shirt. So the kids are making loops up and down the street, with me standing there watching them, think small, almost alley way type street, 10MPH or so. And...just as the kids put thir bikes away to get ready for bed, I see a cop roll up. Passes my house, then comes back up, gets out of the cruiser and goes to my door. I was outside so I come up to him and ask "Evening officer, what can I do for you?" He says he had a complaint about kids ripping araound on scooters with no helmets, which was a first off bull**** alert, and he was gonna give me a warning this time bla bla bla, then he closed it up with saying he almost always doesn't respond to kids on scooter calle cause heis too busy.....To which I reply, "gimmie a break, my kids are supervised on a small street wearing gear, I know you have better things to do, and I am sorry you had to respond to this call, but no-one has ever complained to me, and everyone on this street knows me?" He said yea whatever and looked like he had an important date and jammed outta there. My wife is freaking out...I say let the guy write me all the tickets he wants, what...a 50.00 misdemeanor at worse???? C'mon......folks have just gone to being party poopers and ******** nowadays. If you got a problem, come to my damn door and let me know...I'll make it right.....don't call the cops and waste their time!! Not only that, but whats wrong with some fun now and then? F'n kill-joys, probably depressed about their childhood or something, who knows.The whole thing kinda has me steamed a bit.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Got the Po Po called on me!!! ARGH!!!!

i know exactly what you mean. i had neighbors that would call the cops on me for no reason with fake *** ****. just remember the cops didnt actually see your kids riding without helmets, speeding etc he cant issue a citation. my brother was pullin 40-50 mph wheelies in front of my work one day and the people from an apt complex blocked the roads , stopped my brother and waited for the cops to show up. even though a bunch of witnesses the cops couldnt do anything to him because he had already stopped by the time they got their .. all they could do is tell him to go home

Old 07-15-2007, 10:55 PM

Cop could have been a jerk, but as for a ticket, not in my state! You can ride anything under 50cc on the streets! Pretty crazy seeing as though most vehicles on the streets under 50cc are not insured or registered. What would **** me off is the jackass neighbors whopull that kinda crap. Like mine did on the 4th ofJuly when I was lighting fireworks. It was not even9 oclock!How un-patriotic!

Old 07-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live on a cul-de-sac which a bunch of neighborhood tots use all day (and sometime into night) for everything including motorized scooters and dirt bikes / pocket bikes (for the older kids) and yeah, it sometimes gets a bit annoying, but then I remember when I was a kid during summertime and I just go out there and join'em some people just forget what it's like to be a kid and lose their own enjoyment of life in the process. As long as you're not out there waaay late I don't see the big deal that requires wasted law enforcement time to get involved. look for the guy in black socks and sandals watering the lawn yelling for the "damned kids to git off my lawn" .. I'm sure he's the culprit [&:]

Old 07-15-2007, 10:57 PM

Yea, I see what your saying. I'm a good neighbor, I'll give you the shirt off my back, but be up front with me. If a dude came up and said "hey guy, your kids on them pocket bikes are pisseing me off, I work nights, cut that **** out...." I'd ask him what time is good for him.....I'm not out to **** anyone off, c'mon, I'll work with you, more often than not we an all get along.......The wife gets super scared of authority like their the SS or something, I keep things in perspective. I asked the cop about it and what I could do and he quickly backed away, obviously had something better to do. Cool with me. I'm not out to be an *** or anything. I'd just like to know who it was.........I got an idea though. This hermet pothead paranoid self medicating weirdo that lives next door.......hmmmmmm She hates anything that doesn't revolve around her....hmmm, ok done. Don't want to turn this into an episode of the "young and the chestless" Sorry if that comment offended you demonchild, shoulda put a nanny banner on it.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:09 PM

People don't like seeing other people having fun if they can't, end of story. There are good cops out there, but they are getting fewer.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:51 AM

keep that mentality man, if the old geezer on the st. is POed let him. let your kids enjoy life i wish i would have gotten my pocket bike when i was younger, i would have rode that thing into the ground. i will admit i rode it too work a few times hahaha. hope the wife will not try to stoip the kids from riding those things next time.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:55 AM
VP

You sound like you know exactly what's wrong in the world man. I used to have my neighbors call the cops on us all the time for being loud... but not once did they ever say anything to me about it. Cops kept showing up, and I kept saying I had no idea what he was talking about. Of course, we were being loud like getting excited watching football or playing Project Gotham or something ... it was always incidental and I knew who it was. So I kept doing it. I even told the cop that if I knew who was complaining I would be able to talk to them and figure out how to fix it, and the cop was like "yeah you're right"...

Just let them get their panties in a wad and flip out whenver you do your thing. People who let stuff build up and never talk about it die of aneurysms anyway.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:56 AM

Ahh thats all B.S. man. I HATE it when people go out of their way to ruin your day. Juggernaut said it right... I had a lady call the cops on mefour years ago when i was riding my dirtbike. I was staying in the woods behind my house but i had to cross through a field that was next to her property. I'm concious to my neighbors so i was just slowly riding through the field as far away from her rock wall as possible; but my bike being an old yamaha 2 strokestalled. Listen to this... while i was sitting there the lady sent her kids out to her rock wall to ask me what happened. Me being the nice neighbor i was said hello to them and showed i wasnt just some crazy kid tearing through the fields. Of all things she used them to identify me when she called the cops!!! I never let that one go. I repayedthe favor a year later when i left a loud firework in front of her house at 1:00 in the morning.
There are alot of nice cops out there, i interact them all the time as a volunteer Firefighter/EMT. As long as your friendly and honest with them, they do not want to give you a hard time. Out of my 6 traffic stops (4 for speeding), ive only gotten one ticket which we agreed on "missing registration sticker". Ill take a 50 dollar no point violation anyday over speeding.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****, i called the cops when people were trying to steal my neighbors gsxr and they didnt even show, lucky enough they didnt get the bike though. thats 2 times the cops either didnt show or took so long i lost interest.

Quick Reply: Got the Po Po called on me!!! ARGH!!!!