Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Got my first ticket on Friday.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my first ticket on Friday.

I had just did some suspension setup on my 93 F2 and decided to go for a ride. There is a local road that is about 3 miles long with a bunch of twisties. I turned off the highway onto the road I am speaking of and let it loose. I did not see the State Trooper that turned behind me. Anyways I stopped at the end of the road to wait for my friend who I thought was behind me and saw the blue lights behind me. The Trooper said that he could not get a clock on me and that he could not catch me. Then a couple more troopers pulled up, and he told me he called for backup because he thought I was running. Needless to say I got a careless and wreckless ticket. Better luck next time.....Huh..

Old 07-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Default RE: Got my first ticket on Friday.

Wow, at least you didn't get charge with running from law or whatever hehe.

Old 07-24-2005, 01:34 PM

YEAH runnin from them would of looked bad... you would of been on camera from the eye in the sky

Old 07-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry dude -- all I can say is hire a lawyer. It'll be worth it in the long run.

Old 07-24-2005, 08:11 PM

I got pulled over two months ago and got a ticket. Always take it to court. What is the worst that will happen??~~~You get close to the same amount fined plus court fees.

Whats the best that can happen? (like my case in Ca)~~~~~Cop gets to busy or does not care, and does not show up to court. Bang, everything vanishes. No ticky!

Good luck...My suggestion....take it to court.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:18 AM

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT thats my only comment. I got screwed by a CHP officer awhile back. Of course I had reasons for not arguing with him at the time (misdemeanor type stuff if caught) so I just sat back and took what he wrote out. Which is usually a good idea anyhow, arguments are for court. But I got the damn thing coming back from Fresno to Stockton. And of course I get nailed in merced which at the time made it impossible to fight cause i couldnt get the day off work to drive down there. Ok im still a little pissed so im gonna talk about it now...heres what happened: I was minding my own buisiness at about 6:45 in the morning, cruising down the freeway. I had a car about 3 car lengths in front of me, a big commercial work truck next to me on the right and im in the fast lane. This CHP car goes past on the other side of the freeway which is divided by a grass median about 20 feet wide. So he flips a bitch, comes up behind me and pulls ME over. Out of everyone I was moving the slowest and only 5mph over on my speedo which means I had to be going LESS than the speed limit...but naturally Im the one on the bright yellow bike so i mustve been speeding. What pissed me off is that I could have sped up and jumped off the freeway and he woudlnt have been the wiser as to where I went before he finished turning around. But I WASNT DOING ANYTHING WRONG so I didnt. And police wonder why bikes run all the time? I guess the moral of the story is, if your gonna ride something that looks and sounds fast theres no avoiding it...........and i wouldnt be so pissed off had I actually been speeding!