Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

got hit today!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 03:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got hit today!!

I was out today running errands and had to do a turn around because I missed what I was looking for. turned into E-one in Ocala, turned around, and while waiting for traffic to subside Bamm!! I didn't even know what happened till I looked up and saw the front end of a pickup truck pinning my leg. had to tell the guy to back up so I could get my leg free. once to my feet I looked around to see a sheriff comming to the rescue (who says they are never around when you need them). so while the adrenaline was still kicking I was ok. as I started to relax my legs, knees, and right hip hurt like a bitch. (going to the hosp after talking to a lawyer tomorrow) I can walk but its more like a hobble. I can't believe my luck these days. anyway the bike has a bit of damage the r clip on has to be replaced lost some radiator fluid not sure if any damage to the radiator or if its over flow from being on its side. the whole R side fairings are thrashed, exhaust can has a dent so on, so on..... missed work today and more than likely tomorrow (sucks to loose all that overtime). got home and took the trousers off to see my banged up knees.. the left one looks 2 times wider than the right one does. this sucks.... getting a rental car tomorrow so I will go take some pics of the damage when I get out there. the good thing is I was doing all the right things I had my gear on, wasn't doing anything squidly, had blinker on... he got a ticket for not yielding.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:29 AM
Default RE: got hit today!!

B..thats sooo totally suxors...hope ya heal well and get that Tribal hooked up again...

Old 01-26-2007, 03:30 AM

Sucks man. Hope you get feeling better. Gives you a reason to build your bike up with more goodies huh!

Old 01-26-2007, 03:33 AM

That coulda been much worse!! Be gratefull you still got a leg to gimp on, good luck.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:43 AM
Mad

That sucks man!!! I am glad your OK for the most part. Hope everything works out for you and you get better. Hopefully you can get your ride back on the street soon.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:08 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

glad to hear your ok man! the bike can be rebuilt but you're a lil harder to rebuild (unless you're the 6 mill $ man) anyways thats all that @$$hole got for hitting you was a ticket for not yeilding !!!!! what did they say "oops sorry i didnt see your bike !" seriously wtf your BLINDIN ORANGE ! kinda hard to miss ! i hope you sue the hell outta them. atleast a cop was righ tthere to help you ! they didnt give you any **** did they ? some cops are dicks to us bikers eve if we're the victims

Old 01-26-2007, 04:23 AM

lol...you blinded him with the orange. all kidding aside, it could've been A LOT worse. glad you can still walk =)

Old 01-26-2007, 05:55 AM

yeah I was lucky. and no the cops were great!! they know my bike (kinda small town) they know I dont ride fast or anything. if anything they went out of their way to be helpfull. thinking about it I guess that was a good thing too.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:31 AM

ORIGINAL: BlindinOrange

yeah I was lucky. and no the cops were great!! they know my bike (kinda small town) they know I dont ride fast or anything. if anything they went out of their way to be helpfull. thinking about it I guess that was a good thing too.
That's cool to that the polce were a help and not a pain in the ***. Like you needed another.But for the most part youro.k.? That's cool. What else can you ask for besides not getting into the ****.It could have been better butat least it wasn't worse.

Quick Reply: got hit today!!