Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Good News thread.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Good News thread.

I smell......I smell.....I smell thread jacking. Come on!

Old 11-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Retired Moderator

I went home for lunch and the wife was soaking in the new hot tub. She got out and...well...you know. Mrs Voodoo's hot tub FTMKW!!! [sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 11-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I went home for lunch and the wife was soaking in the new hot tub. She got out and...well...you know. Mrs Voodoo's hot tub FTMKW!!! [sm=groupwave.gif]
[sm=happy046.gif]mawfakis pwn!

Old 11-14-2008, 03:48 PM

Man..i would love a hot tub. After breaking somwhere around 100 bones before you are even 18 seems to make you a bit soar in the mornings. Actually i wake up every morning and want to off myself cause i ache so bad. But its all my fault.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:15 PM

After 3 years of saying that I would do it...I finally went out and purchased 35bf of hardwood (4/4 Red Oak) today in order to start building my new desk. I have a hardwood supplier right around the corner

In the past, I have tried 3D Studio Max, AutoCAD and such, but because I`m not professional, it takes me to frigg`n long. So, today, I used Google SketchUp to get an idea of what I plan on building. It is the most intuitive modeling program I have ever used. Anyone with some basic skills can use it.

Anyway, here is what I came up with:

What you don`t see:
[ul][*] The 4 wood panels in the center although decorative, will actually conceal shelves for holding my software, PLUS it will give me access to the wiring chase, allowing me to conceal the majority of the networking cables.[*] The CPU holders will be mounted on the wall via a cleat system, which will allow me to move them where ever I want on the wall. I plan on building a filling cabinet, with the same premise. [*] I plan on using some LED rope lighting and some reflective material to give me an indirect lighting under the shelving component (which will not be attached to the desk.
[/ul]

I don`t have all the materials I need so far, but I have the paint and plan on painting tomorrow.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:21 PM
VP

Out of 4 interviews today 2 of them were worth hiring...typically I interview 10-20 people before I find somebody so...that's awesome. Looks like Thanksgiving won't be so bad after all!

Old 11-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Banned

Today I got a phone call that my older sister had her first child...a baby boy. She's almost 40 and very career driven andthe whole family thoughtthat I would be the only one to ever have children. My boys finally have a cousin on myside of the family.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My lovely younger daughter started calling me 'papa' this week. She's 16 months. Finally the waiting was over; she was calling me 'mama' too all this while.. haha!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-14-2008, 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: dinez74

My lovely younger daughter started calling me 'papa' this week. She`s 16 months. Finally the waiting was over; she was calling me 'mama' too all this while.. haha!
That's awesome! At least she wasn`t calling you "not the mama"

Old 11-14-2008, 10:48 PM

Just found out i'll be going back to Ohio next semester to work at Honda's engine plant for awhile!

Quick Reply: The Good News thread.