Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Good News thread.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The Good News thread.

Well, theres been so much bad news and job losses etc. lately that we got to redress the balance somewhat and Voodoos good news gave me the idea for this :-)

So, post anything good that has happened to you just recently ..no matter how big or small, a new baby?? ..a new job?? ..got engaged or married?? ..got/getting a new bike?? ..hell even a new phone or camera if it pleases you ..lol

Mine is I just tracked down some more bits for my F3 ..I already had a couple of new fairing panels off ebay in the exact OEM colours but now a local guy has a screen, underseat cowl panel (right colour), engine clutch cover and two mirrors ...yeay!!

My lovely F3 is slowly coming back to me :-)

Jules

Old 11-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Good News thread.

I found someone to take over my lease and im going in a few weeks to check out apts in florida woot woot. Downside, i might have to sell the bike, dont want to and will sell everything else first, but it might happen. But Still, florida!

Old 11-14-2008, 07:21 AM

Got some more mods done on the bike (and gonna do some more next week)

I'm headed to Hawaii over Christmas..I have almost three weeks of vacation just prior to going over there too which is awesome

I need the time off...so its a great thing to look forward to

Good job jules..post up some pics as you get her done

Old 11-14-2008, 07:25 AM

just doing the upgrade to better masters on the bike...have to fab some new mounts and such....will have pics of pam making chips soon....you might enjoy seeing those J

Old 11-14-2008, 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Red600RR

Im headed to Hawaii over Christmas..I have almost three weeks of vacation just prior to going over there too which is awesome

Good job jules..post up some pics as you get her done

Three weeks vacation and going to Hawaii for Christmas ..just WOW!! ... please come and get me!! ..lol

I will post pics of her strip and rebuild every step of the way!! :-)

Jules

Old 11-14-2008, 07:38 AM

I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to Progressive.. Yes progressive.. (almost $500 a yr.)

Really happened.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:45 AM

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to Progressive.. Yes progressive.. (almost $500 a yr.)

Really happened.
Oh I believe it!! ..I dont know if its the same for you guys but here in the UK you get quotes and go for the most affordable etc. then each year they keep jacking up the price and sending you the expiry reminder like a week before and often with busy lives you dont have the time to phone around so you forget about it. After a few short years you are paying double originally.

Always shop around for insurance too I have had quotes for the same car that range from £180 to £800 ..crazy!!
Where do they get these figures ..do they just think them up?? ..lol

Jules

Old 11-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Got a new job, finally in management, something i have wanted to try for a few years now, so as of 2 weeks from today i will be running a shop instead of laboring at one. Only slight downside is i have to quit the new job i just got a week ago, but it will be worth it.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:39 AM

My baby girl is cute as hell!

Old 11-14-2008, 02:03 PM

This weeks good news is that i added a 3rd truck to the company and had it vinyl lettered today to make it nice and professional looking. Business is staying steady in a time of hardship, I thank God every day.

Quick Reply: The Good News thread.