Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A Good Day?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Good Day?

I have made it through two rounds of layoffs at my work. I posted several months ago about my concern for getting a call from my district manager wanting to have lunch with me (I thought I was done). He gave me a bigger territory which has saved my life over the last several months. Today I got the info that many of my colleagues in the district, whom I have known for as much as ten years, have been laid off. I didn't think our shop could run with one less individual, but we lost one more today. It was all I could doto keep fromcrying...I had to excuse myself and go to the restroom. These are my friends, and now they are gone a month before Christmas.

The district mananger took me into the back office (again I thought I was done), and said he was going to make my territory even bigger, up my salary, and offered me a gaurantee for the next six months because he knows I will not make very much moneythrough winter in this current market. I was and am dumbfounded. I almost felt guilty about such good news.

There was other good financial news earlier today. My wife just put us into debt to the tune of four grand. She has always wanted a hot tub, and qualified for a two thousand dollar loan. She asked her boss to front the other two thousand dollars, and he agreed. I could not talk her out of it in any way, shape, or form. The idea of getting even less sex than I do now shut me up all quick like. I called him today because heneeded to rent some equipment from me. He said that heand his wife wantedto send us on a vacation to reward her for running his bar the last fourteen or so years, and he did not want to be paid back on his loan. I was renderedspeechless. I told him it was way too much for us to accept. He told me to shut up and not tell Athena because it is a surprise until Friday when they add a note to her paycheck.

I am not trying to brag or point my nose in the air. I just wanted to share an amazing day. I feel truly blessed and hope I live up to my good fortune in a time that is hindered by so much hardship.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Default RE: A Good Day?

That seems to suck on other side. Getting fired or getting a better posistion while your friends get hosed.

You could do an Office Space thing.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:33 PM

Congrats man. I hope your good fortune continues, sometimes loyalty and hard work does pay off.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I was tempted to use some quick witty slaps in the face to bring you back down with the rest of us, I cannot because you have good karma out the ying yang and deserve all the good stuff coming your way. [sm=smiley20.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 11-13-2008, 10:40 PM

Good for you man .... Hot Tub Lovin!!!!!1

My stepdad got laid-off today and has no idea what he is going to do. IT sucks for him and my mom. Im worried about my job to. I hate the feeling, but my boss always seems so up towards me and I trust him, so I figure everything is good, but I dunno.

But hey, Hot Tub Lovin!!!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They don't come much better, Doodoo...........
Now, about the wild uninhibited sex in the new hottub.........
Pics at 11 ?

Old 11-13-2008, 10:54 PM

What everyone else has been saying
If you're wife wanted a hot tub so bad, maybe now that she has one, sex will come more frequently?
Oh....and you REALLY coulda made that happen if you bought her one, lol

Old 11-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Retired Moderator

Just what I needed from you bastids today...humor!

P.S. Nobodywould ever want to see my sessy time! It is too advanced...[&:]

Old 11-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I could not talk her out of it in any way, shape, or form. The idea of getting even less sex than I do now shut me up all quick like.
Why it always have to be like that??

Anyway congrats man!! Rewards like these just didn't fall from the sky; its the dedication, hard work and loyalty. But these wives just didn't understand that with more sex will make us to perform better in our daily life, don't they??

Old 11-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Congrats bro, and even i wont make a wise crack here of any kind.

Quick Reply: A Good Day?