Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Good Cop / Owned Cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Cop / Owned Cop

You guys will love this!GOOD COP:Last night, with my new track day van, I was on my was to the gas station to fill it up, since it was right on empty. Waiting at the light at the entrance/exit of my subdivision the van quits. Totally out of gas and the gas station is like 75 yards in front of me. Put my hazzards on and was getting ready to walk to the gas station or home and get a gallon of gas. Cop pulls up behind me and asks what's wrong. Tell him I ran out of gas. He offers to give me a ride home and take him up on that. Get home, grab the gas can, which was luckily full, and he gives me a ride back to the van. Put gas in it, tell him thanks very much for his help and shake his hand and tell him to have a good night and be safe. Really nice guy who went out of his way. That's what I like to see from cops.Even helped me push the van out of the way. Should have gotten his name and put in a good word.
OWNED COP: Here's the best part. So, tonight I ran some errands around midnight. Get home and I pass my house, which is on the left. I go down the street to the circle to turn around to park the van on my side of the street, in front of my house. On my way down the street to the circle, I pass a cop driving really slowly. I don't think much of it. So, I go a short distance to the circle and turn it around and head back to the house. Sure as poop is brown as I come out of the circle and back up the street again the cop was sitting on a side road about 3 houses before mine. He backed it in and shut off his headlights. At this point, I knew he was waiting for me for some reason. So, as I'm approaching I can see it's a different cop (not the one who gave me a ride home last night) As I pass him, he turns on his headlights and tears *** right behind me like he's on a mission to book another perp. He follows really closely and just thought to myself "what the hell is this?" So, I mess with him. I pull over in front of my house, put it in park and kill the lights. He's behind me, but hasn't flipped on his cherries or anything. He's waiting for my next move and ready to pounce! So, I'm sitting there in the dark with all of my possesions from running errands. I sit there for about 30 seconds and so does he. I hit the button on the garage door opener, open my door, climb out with bags in hand. Once I get out (he's expecting me to run on foot or some crap) I turn to him, stare for a second thengive a casual friendly wave and head inside and shut the garage door. I can hear him drive along up the street. OWNED! That ******** was expecting some action for the night with a suspicious looking van cruising the neighborhood and he was all set to go. What a let down.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:36 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Good Cop / Owned Cop

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

OWNED COP: Here's the best part. ... I can hear him drive along up the street. OWNED! That ******** was expecting some action for the night with a suspicious looking van cruising the neighborhood and he was all set to go.
So in summary:
1) He may or may not have a report of some sort with a vehicle fitting the description of yours ..
2) He may or may not be trying to protect you, your home and/or possessions from suspicious activity ...
3) He then is thus a ******** and owned ???
4) He does absolutely nothing to you, no questions or anything, and he "was expecting some action"???

I don't usually reply to threads like these .. nor in the above in your face manner ... sorry, I think "TheX" took over my brain [8D] ... peace out

Old 08-05-2007, 02:48 AM

That "*********" patrol tactics are probably the reason all your possessions in your home are still where you left them. Sounds like a proactive officer to me.

Glad you had good dealings with both, whether you knew they were both good or not

Old 08-05-2007, 02:51 AM

Should have ran like a bat out of hell into the garage...

j/k. I agree with the others.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:01 AM

I know the type you are talking about dwhite.

Keep in mind though there are always going to be people who think of any reason to defend some guy with a bad attitude, nothing to do, and a badge.

One night, there were about 2-3 cop cars on my street arresting some guy who had broken into a vacant house.

After it was over, I decide to walk outside into my yard, I had been sitting on my windowed sun porch watching the whole thing.

As soon as I walk outside, the cop turns around, shines his flashlight right in my eyes....posture all stiff *** like he's king and **** of the walk.

I tell him to "please get that ****ing light out of my eyes", and ask him if he's "busting up that vacant crack house".

He sees I live there, am on my own property and promptly changes his attitude.

I ask him while he's here could he go and talk to several neighbors about their dogs who bark all night long.

I tell him it's real friggin simple...you can't control your dog, you don't need a dog.

By this time he's getting nervous and tells me to take it easy...hustles back to his patrol car and drives off.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:02 AM

ORIGINAL: demonchild

LOL!

Yeah, I already thought about all of that too....but no. He sees a piece of **** van in a nice neighborhood and immediately assumes it's an unwanted person up to no good. No reason whatsoever to lay in wait for me, pull out behind me so fast and ride my *** when I'm pulling in front of my own house. Sorry, just a ******** with a powertrip. I thought about going up to his window and asking if I could help him find something.
Here's more proof of him stereotyping; After I got home, about an hour later I took the late modelcaddy devilleover to get gas. See the same cop sitting about 1/2 mile down my road waiting with headlights off on my way back home. Does he follow? Nope.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:06 AM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

ORIGINAL: demonchild

LOL!

I thought about going up to his window and asking if I could help him find something.
Next time do it. I would. Tell him if you can be of any help at all just say the word.

Also, my stuff is not stolen because I keep everything locked up and have two firearms and a bad temper.
Not because anyone patrols...I hardly see cops in my neighborhood.Maybe once a month.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:10 AM

Don't anyone get me wrong, I have respect for the law, am a law abiding citizen and all of that. I know what they do is real risky since they could encounter anything. Theofficer that helped me get gas was really cool. I guess the whole point of irritation is the sterotyping because of what I was driving.
And yeah, My stuff is still here because it's a good neighborhood, I keep everything locked and also have hardware on standby.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:14 AM

you know I sometimes don't stop to think.... What if they had a run in with someone driving the same make and model Vehicle I am driving and just wanted to be sure?? what if there was someone in the area committing violent crimes and they wanted to make sure I was safe?
its the what ifs that can make cops look like dicks but I would rather have a cop say sorry about the mix up rather than sorry you and your wife have to go through this but.....

Old 08-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Banned

That ******** was expecting some action for the night with a suspicious looking van cruising the neighborhood and he was all set to go. What a let down.
Easy does it.

Would you rather him sitting with his radar on looking to bust the first moped going 32 in a 30? Would you rather him be harrassing some guy on a bike because his undertail doesn't have a light for the license plate? would you rather him be talking on his cell phone to some girl he let out of a speeding ticket earlier that night because she promised him a *******, or would you rather him doing his job, making sure some punk in a ****ty van wasn't going to break in your house tosteal your f**king television to buy crack?

Personally I believe THAT is what a cop is supposed to do, keep me and my home safe and not be out there jerking off all night. It sounds like your town has a few decent cops (unlike most places).

Quick Reply: Good Cop / Owned Cop