Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

good boots?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good boots?

i always wear tennis shoes when i ride, i know thats not safe i do wear the rest of my gear. my last accident i was thinking before i left, "my shoes is loose if i wreck its coming off" well sure enough i did wreck and it did come off lol. i hit the ground going slow. i got on the breaks to hard and flipped in a panic situation. so i just slammed in to the ground so my feat did not get hurt.

i work at cycle gear so i can get a nice discount on boots. the best boot we stock that i tryed on is the alpinestars smx plus. its a nice boot but as far as walking not so much. i know they are not made to walk in and not broken in. i dont need a boot that is realy comfortable to walk in but better then that.

i have herd that the sidi vertigo boot is a very good boot protection wise as well as fairly comfortable to walk in. i am going to be going to the track in a month or 2 so i need a full boot for track and everday ues.

has anyone used these boots or any other good boots that are not to bad to walk in? any one know how good the pumas are? i think their top of the line boot has that piston in the ankle.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Default RE: good boots?

SIDI Are imo the best boot you can buy for your money period.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:22 PM

Ilike my Icon field armor boots. They are great for riding (you might need to adjust your clutch shifter) or just take a few days to get used to where to shift with it. They are thicker then most boots but comfortable and secured.

I recently broke down in a friend's car (was wearing them because i went over to his house on the bike) and had to walk about a mile in them - the only downside was they are like carrying sandbags on your feet but still comfortable and no rubbing (against the shin).

So the only two downsides i've seen with them is the price (of course) and the thickness of the boot.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love my Sidi's. My are comfy to walk in too. Maybe a lil restrictive to climb a flight of stairs but other than that I have no problems. I also wear mine everytime I ride no matter wtf I am going. So atm thats everyday to class n walking to n from class.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:39 PM

tiddies

Old 07-04-2008, 10:39 AM

I have icon super duty 2, wear them every time I ride...and in the winter too. got them on ebay brand new for $60 shipped about a year and a half ago.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:34 AM

I have been wearing these for 300 miles now. The are just as comfortable as tennis shoes but steel toe and a pad where the shift lever hits. They are awsome. http://www.alpinestars.com/SMX_2/pd/.../p/222408.html

Old 07-08-2008, 11:41 AM

I gots the Sidi Vertigo boots and love them.... ive been down in them before at a high speed crash (on the track) and my ankle/foot was perfectly fine.... there not so bad walking around the paddock

Old 07-08-2008, 12:38 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I have the Sidi B-2 which is basically the low end racing version. It's very comfortable to ride and walk in. My only complaint is there's pretty much no air flow, so your feet will get pretty hot and funky. But that's easily fixed, so I don't really care.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Banned

Does anybody have any recommendations for a good boot that can double as an everyday boot? My problem is that I commute to work on the bike and am stuck with whatever is on my feet for 8 hours in an office, with a little bit of walking around to service my customers. I was looking at some A-Star riding shoes...I'm not particularly interested in a full-blown track boot, but just something that is good for riding and won't look ridiculous or feel awkard if I wear them all day...

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...ots633219.html

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...oes615320.html

Quick Reply: good boots?