Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Good beer

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'American lager' beers like Bud, Miller, Coors, and their light versions, are made with rice or wheat, and taste very, very, very different from a traditional beer made from barley. Personally I will drink water or lemonade rather than an American lager, but that's just my preference.

And there's tremendous variety depending on the malting, the yeast (ale or lager) and the amount and type of hops. Some are bitter, some are sweet, some are fruity or flowery. Earlier posts have mentioned some of my favorites, but I also like Smithwick's, Anchor Steam, Pilsener Urquell. And thank you, junky, for the reminder that it's about time for the Oktoberfest beers to show up in stores and bars. Damn I'm thirsty!

Old 08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well thanks guys. now i'm gonna have to pick up some beer on the way home. lol

btw, dos equis is my beer of choice if i'm just casually drinking with a meal. Add a pinch of lime and man its tasty.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:51 PM
October 2011 ROTM

dos equis is a really good beer. One of my favorites right now is 312 by Goose Island.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not afraid to admit that I like Bud light, Miller Lite, High life, Coors OG, etc. Sometimes I flat out crave the stuff and nothing else will do. It's also good for working on the lawnmower at 9am..... like I did today.

However, I've had just about every beer mentioned in this thread and I like most of them (with the exception of steel reserve. lol). I'm big into stouts/porters in the fall/winter and IPA in the spring/summer. I just noticed this. It's a subconscious trend.
Last night I was drinking Trumer Pils. Not bad. Pretty hoppy, light body, dry. I normally wouldn't buy it, but a vendor at work sent a free case to my construction manager.
I took the case and told the construction manager that he should be careful about accepting bribes from vendors. Then I told him I was gonna have to destroy the evidence. (which I did)

Here are a few of the beers I've liked. Can you id them?
Black velvet is my staple. I drink it like it's going out of style. lol..

Name:  utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNjA2LTAwMzA0LmpwZw.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  44.5 KB

Old 08-29-2011, 03:57 PM

I have quite a few customers that aren't beer drinkers and find themselves in the same position as you. We turn them on to one of these Woodchuck Cider and they find it like drinking juice. Thing is you can mix different stuff with them. Like a shot of Southern Comfort or whatever turns your crank,

Old 08-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Oh man.. I used to pound down cider in the summertime when I was younger.
Hornsby's, Apple Jack, and Woodchuck.
We used to bong it with shots of Goldschläger.

I mean... there was this guy once who used to bong the stuff. Said it tasted like apple cinnamon candy. He was an idiot.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:02 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Blue Moon but I cannot drink the whole thing. If not blue Moon, I do heineken light or corona light.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:25 PM

Ahhh how could I have forgotten this... my ex girlfriend bought it for me years ago.

Its rough stuff, but I decided I had to drink enough of it until I loved it.
Always have a bottle or two in my fridge now.
(their stone IPA is really good too)

Old 08-29-2011, 04:50 PM

ARROGANT BASTARD! OMG i forgot about that! haha! That stuff is really rough! haha!

Old 08-29-2011, 05:26 PM

That's Like Beer:30. Its not the best stuff in the world, but hey 13 bucks for a 30 pack, and I'm good to go

Quick Reply: Good beer