Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Going a little to far?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007 | 07:24 PM
Default RE: Going a little to far?

F#ck man at least they did not spit in damn thing [:'(]or worse, a little to much salt........please [>:]is that what the po po are down to ( please I mean NO disrespect to any of our law enforcement and I mean none ) but come on arresting someome for a salty burger ????? then hell half the people in the fastfood biz should be placed behind bars, man I could go on and on about this Did any one see Morgan Spurlocks movie on McDonalds, $hit the whole lot of em ought to be in prison [sm=rant.gif]

Old 09-12-2007 | 02:58 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

I hope the judge laughs at the cop and dismisses the case.

And this is why I go to the KING!
Screw that and the cop and McD's.

The poor girl was humiliated and spent the night at/in jail.

Sue both McD's and the PD for a formal apology or restitution!

Old 09-12-2007 | 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: fuze

Yea Jail is a bit extreme for a salty burger... i can understand someone loosing their job from saying to serve it anyways though....
The employee was just charged with a misdemeanor reckless conduct and released on $1,000 bail. Unlike bond, she will get the $1,000 back when she shows up in court and is ordered to pay a small fine or possibly some community service, or perhaps even has the sentence waived by a sympathetic judge. She probably spent a couple hours in jail getting booked in and then calling someone to come get her out. This was more about the statement that being so incompetent that you poison your customers is indeed a criminal matter.

If she had poisoned a high-rolling lawyer, she and the owner of the McDonalds and probably any given number of additional amplyess would have been sued for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The cop handled it the way cops handle things, just like a lawyer would have handled it the way lawyers handle things. The moral of the story is, if you want to keep a little money in the bank account, don't poison a lawyer. If you want to keep your business afloat, don't poison a newspaper exec (you might read about your toxic McDonalds in the paper), and if you don't want to risk standing before a judge, don't poison a cop. Or you know, it might just be the best solution not to poison anyone.

And people are calling it arresting her for a salty burger. The cop claimed it actually made him sick, and though you guys are scoffing at him for this, he actually sent it to a lab to get analyzed. At that point the cop must have uncovered something that made him feel like he had grounds to arrest someone for criminal activity. Then we have corroboration from the employee herself that she spilled a huge quantity of salt on a large quantity of meat that went into several burgers. You guys can call it a salty burger if you want. I'll call it poisoned meat. In any case, it is negligent conduct. The case probably will get dismissed or result in some laughably small penalty. But it served its purpose.

Old 09-12-2007 | 10:25 AM

It was a simple mistake, and hell, its fackin fast food...u shouldnt eat it anyways. And if the burger was that salty then why did the bacon eat the whole thing? That is just an abuse of powers right there.

Old 09-12-2007 | 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: baileyjn

Seems like it to me.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20677230/?GT1=10357

AndNO Im not bashing on cops!!! So dont even say it!
I'm glad the cop nailed her. Should have nailed her coworkers who knew about it too.

Too many times someone has screwed me over and I wished I were a lawyer or a cop or something to be able to stand up for myself because I don't have enough money to pay Derschowitz to come save me. Did you notice how she said, "I didn't notice it was a COP" that I was giving ruined meat to"? So there were multiple other customers that got unpalatable meat and they just had to suck it up and throw it away because they are not cops, lawyers, senators, millionaires, whatever, and they just don't have the ability save themselves getting screwed. So hoorah, this totally incompetent employee, and her supervisors and coworkers, instead of doing the right thing and throwing out the meat they ruined, tried to **** over their customers and they accidentally poisoned a cop. Thank heaven. I am glad that cop actually had the resolve to not let injustice go unanswered. Maybe that McDonalds will actually show some slight concern for their customers' health from now on.
It was a hamburger, they cost like .39...if u really have a problem then why dont u just go to the manager next time u get screwed out of ur .39. They usually will give u somethin better or give u a voucher because, well, its only like .39. If ur really wanting to call a lawyer/cop bout gettin an over-salted hamburger then u need to get a hobby, or maybe even a job so that u can make up that .39 that obviously took so much effort of u to shell out in the first place. Congrats, ur whats wrong wit this country in being that it is entirely sue happy over rediculous crap.

Old 09-13-2007 | 01:08 AM

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

ORIGINAL: baileyjn

Seems like it to me.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20677230/?GT1=10357

AndNO Im not bashing on cops!!! So dont even say it!
I'm glad the cop nailed her. Should have nailed her coworkers who knew about it too.

Too many times someone has screwed me over and I wished I were a lawyer or a cop or something to be able to stand up for myself because I don't have enough money to pay Derschowitz to come save me. Did you notice how she said, "I didn't notice it was a COP" that I was giving ruined meat to"? So there were multiple other customers that got unpalatable meat and they just had to suck it up and throw it away because they are not cops, lawyers, senators, millionaires, whatever, and they just don't have the ability save themselves getting screwed. So hoorah, this totally incompetent employee, and her supervisors and coworkers, instead of doing the right thing and throwing out the meat they ruined, tried to **** over their customers and they accidentally poisoned a cop. Thank heaven. I am glad that cop actually had the resolve to not let injustice go unanswered. Maybe that McDonalds will actually show some slight concern for their customers' health from now on.
It was a hamburger, they cost like .39...if u really have a problem then why dont u just go to the manager next time u get screwed out of ur .39. They usually will give u somethin better or give u a voucher because, well, its only like .39. If ur really wanting to call a lawyer/cop bout gettin an over-salted hamburger then u need to get a hobby, or maybe even a job so that u can make up that .39 that obviously took so much effort of u to shell out in the first place. Congrats, ur whats wrong wit this country in being that it is entirely sue happy over rediculous crap.
She told the Supervisor about the salt spilled on the meat.

The SUPERVISOR...... OK'd it ......The Fak cop should have arrested the Supervisor!

No one is paying attention to that part.

If the employee did not ask the supervisor for the ok then, yes, arrest her and not the supervisor.

I'm not blaming the cop for arresting someone...just flaming his **** for arresting the underling who ASK and TOLD the SUPERVISOR about the spilled salt.

Old 09-13-2007 | 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Kikn

She told the Supervisor about the salt spilled on the meat.

The SUPERVISOR...... OK'd it ......The Fak cop should have arrested the Supervisor!

No one is paying attention to that part.

If the employee did not ask the supervisor for the ok then, yes, arrest her and not the supervisor.

I'm not blaming the cop for arresting someone...just flaming his **** for arresting the underling who ASK and TOLD the SUPERVISOR about the spilled salt.
I GOT ALL THAT. Did i write it big enough? I just think its rediculous to arrest somebody over some salty food. A bit of a waste of time if u ask me. And if it was so damn salty, why would the fatty eat the whole burger?

Old 09-13-2007 | 11:50 AM

Well they could have teabaged his burger. lol

Old 09-13-2007 | 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

Are you for real?

If you get bad food at a restaraunt you don't eat all of it, you take it back for either a replacement or your money back. If the food was really as bad as the cop said, why take more than one bite and why not spit that bite back out? Seems some public servants are as stupid as a lot of the general public.

+3

If you're food doesn't taste right......quit f****ng eating it maybe??

Old 09-13-2007 | 03:18 PM
Retired Moderator

I just found out what really happened. Someone replaced the secret sauce with load, and that is why the hamburger tasted so salty...[:'(]