Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gloves...Jacket?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gloves...Jacket?

Hey guys, was browsing the web earlier and found these Stunt Ragz Gloves anyone heard of these gloves? do you think they would be good for riding?

I currently have some joe rocket stage 1 gloves... the gloves are good, just a little tight, so im in the market for new gloves. These look like they have a bit more protection and they are fairly cheap. What gloves do you guys pull?

Im also half-assed into looking for a new riding jacket. I currently have a nitro racing jacket, and while its kinda comfy and has adequate protection... I want something else. This jacket just rides up wrong and has me feeling all uncomfortable... im always trying to pull it down, just doesnt feel right... so, any suggestions? I HAVE to have a good venting jacket but also a zip in liner. The jacket I have now is great for summer riding and has been good so far with an extra layer down to about 34 degrees. Thats plenty cold for me and I begin to get cold elsewhere... would be nice to have a jacket that fits right as well as having this versatility.
I like the Icon Timax jackets, but they are just a bit spendy...

any help would be great, thanks guys,

Chris

Old 03-06-2006, 02:19 AM
Default RE: Gloves...Jacket?

i have a icon timax jacket for sale shoot me a pm

Old 03-07-2006, 12:17 PM

there are a ton of jackets out there that everyone will like or dislike depending on their own style, same with gloves, right now i have some Alpinestar SP-S (half wrist) and SP-2 (full) gloves, the sps ones will run you about $60-$65 and the SP-2 will run you around $70-$75 both are comfortable as hell and the SP-2 ones only took me about 3 or 4 days to break in.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:56 AM

I just use regular riding gloves. I believe mine are Fox, they match well with my gear so. Also, I dont see why they put armor on the knuckles. How many times have you heard of people slamming their fists straight down to break their fall. When i went down I didnt even touch the back of my hands at all. I think its pointless to pay $50.00 for a pair of gloves that protects your hands in all the wrong places.

Just my two cents

Old 03-08-2006, 07:59 AM

I have a pair just like that, they have lots of feel. But i just don`t trust them as the only real protection is over the knuckles. So i use my alpinestars GP Plus, all the time. there good for handling stuff in the winter though, driving, loading bikes etc i found that out by accident.