Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is Global Warming Caused by Human Beings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007 | 09:20 PM
VP
Default RE: Is Global Warming Real?

It produces more pollutants to manufacture and drive a Prius, ("eco-friendly" car) than a Hummer produces over the life of the cars.
sounds like a bull**** chain letter to me... show me the study that proves that and I'll believe it

Old 07-18-2007 | 09:33 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

this is the real problem !
According to the United Nations, farting cows are a bigger producer of greenhouse gases than automobile’s. That being the case, SAVE THE PLANET: KILL THE FARTING COWS!! http://www.capoliticalnews.com/s/spip.php?article88

Old 07-19-2007 | 12:01 AM
Default RE: Is Global Warming Caused by Human Beings?

"Global warming" ...pffft

Research it -- try "liberal hysteria"

Old 07-19-2007 | 01:26 AM

the carbon footprint is larger for a prius because to manufacture the special batteries for it takes a ton of energy not to mention special refining and mining, and shipping

Old 07-19-2007 | 04:37 AM
Retired Moderator

We cause some of it (fractions), but it's NOTHING like those liberal, tree-hugging Al-Gore's of the world are making it out to be. Cows produce more toxic greenhouse-gases than my 14 year old car does.

Not to mention there is more proof backing the natural warming cycle of the earth as the root cause of "global warming". I believe FAR too many people buy into it. If the global-warming-liberals were to put a quarter of the effort into fighting global terrorism rather than focusing all their attention on "global warming", we would live in a very different, much more peaceful world, where terror would be a thing for the history books.

Old 07-19-2007 | 07:21 AM
|

I cannot find the link right now but I just read yesterday that the prius takes more energy to produce than a hummer but the hummer consumes more energy within two years than the prius does in its estimated life span.

I still think people who drive hummers, big trucks, and suvs to do errands or take just themselves to work are idiots. I would like to take a bus or a train to go just about anywhere. Just think, you get on a bus that stops by your house every 10-20 minutes and takes you within walking distance (i know walking and waiting, screw that) to where you want to go. The problem (one of them anyways) is people would rather pay to maintain a sports car that is built to be raced, not driven for 5 miles in stop and go traffic, rather than suffer a minor inconvenience of not having whatever they wanted right now even if it's 12 pm on a sunday.

The real issue is a cultural one and that is not going to change any time soon unless everyone either wakes up or dies.

Old 07-19-2007 | 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

We cause some of it (fractions), but it's NOTHING like those liberal, tree-hugging Al-Gore's of the world are making it out to be. Cows produce more toxic greenhouse-gases than my 14 year old car does.

Not to mention there is more proof backing the natural warming cycle of the earth as the root cause of "global warming". I believe FAR too many people buy into it. If the global-warming-liberals were to put a quarter of the effort into fighting global terrorism rather than focusing all their attention on "global warming", we would live in a very different, much more peaceful world, where terror would be a thing for the history books.
Exactly.

Old 07-19-2007 | 10:14 AM

so true......****ing politics.....i hate how our world works it seriously makes me very very sad and angry. i think are biggest problem is the media. but what can you do about that there are to many lazy people in the world that would rather watch cable and "learn" than actually check the facts. i mean DUH global warming isnt a big deal at all and the whole assumption of it is false, *** backwards. Im not scard to say it. like the old dude says CO2:we are made of it, its what makes things grow.......

Old 07-19-2007 | 02:15 PM

+1 tyson, the media sucks. What gives actors/politicians celebs in general the idea that they know enough to tell the world what it should think about anything. Just because they are rich doesn't mean that they know$hit.

Old 07-20-2007 | 05:55 AM
Banned

Caused? No. Made worse? yes. Definitely yes.

Quick Reply: Is Global Warming Caused by Human Beings?