Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

glad i dont live in so. fl...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: glad i dont live in so. fl...

ORIGINAL: Manic

I read thru a few of the comments on the linked page. I'm really suprised more people didn't mention about how this "new" law will only cause more people to run. If they are trying to reduce the number of deaths, this is the wrong approach.
+1 one more people running.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Organize or loose the ability to ride.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:34 PM

EVERYONE WILL RUN if this goes thru...excessive speeding is what? 30mph over? who doesnt do that ****...It will just get sooooo out of hand if this law passes...it gives popo wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much power...

FTP

also see http://www.auto-talk.net/autonews/la...ie85001394.php

Old 11-29-2007, 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: TWISTED METAL

u would think they'd address the no helmet law they have 1st.
SC doesn't have a helmet law either. Which they made very clear on Superbikes(If any show makes sport bike riders look like idiots that's it) while at Myrtel Beach.Minus Bike Weeks youalways always always see a SC sportbike rider with not only a full face but a Snell approved full face. You might see the occasional "Gixxer" and Busa with the chrome dome but it's still a helmet. Harleys (the choice of rich lawyers, doctors, and politicians) you rarely see a helmet much less a full face (Unless of course the cruiser is a Jap 4 or BMW)

If you want to see how dangerous these stunters or any motorcycle riders are. Just go to Youtube and put in "Motorcycle death/crash/killed/dead/etc" into the search. Almost all serious accidents where someone is killed or badly hurt is from another Vehicle with it being the Vehicles fault. Because even if you are wheeling through traffic and hit a car. Odds are you'll come out bad and the car okay. 16year old girls who are texting her "IDK BFF Jill abt ur bffs bf bstf akdlkja a akaaewogklklaklafkla " and so on is more of a danger than some guy who is hauling butt through traffic and has all of his attention to the road.

But when a stunter crashes on public road. Normally they tumble, get up, and pick up what's left of their pride and bike. Overall no one is ever hurt badly especailly other vehicles.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:30 PM

Organize or move. I agree with the running idea....cars are way more dangerous than stunting bikes. Not saying they should stunt on the roadways...but there's way worse things on the road than that. Also, my uncle can wheelie his VTX 1800 just as easily as anyone else can wheelie their sportbike. I'll have to see if I can get him to do it on video....

Old 11-29-2007, 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Asmittie84

If you want to see how dangerous these stunters or any motorcycle riders are. Just go to Youtube and put in "Motorcycle death/crash/killed/dead/etc" into the search. Almost all serious accidents where someone is killed or badly hurt is from another Vehicle with it being the Vehicles fault. Because even if you are wheeling through traffic and hit a car. Odds are you'll come out bad and the car okay. 16year old girls who are texting her "IDK BFF Jill abt ur bffs bf bstf akdlkja a akaaewogklklaklafkla " and so on is more of a danger than some guy who is hauling butt through traffic and has all of his attention to the road.

But when a stunter crashes on public road. Normally they tumble, get up, and pick up what's left of their pride and bike. Overall no one is ever hurt badly especailly other vehicles.

True. I don't know how many times I've had to accelerate (quickly) to pass a group of cars on the road (people changing lanes, talking on cell phones, etc.)...and of course, sometimes when you accelerate hard/quickly, the front will come up.

I think we need to get more politicians to ride, or elect politicians who ride (sportbikes)....thats the only way we'll get fair representation.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:38 PM

Anyone want to run for public office???

Anyone???

Old 11-29-2007, 03:28 PM

When I'm old enough...I'm gonna run for mayor of SD...then later, gov. I'm 24 now....just counting down the days really. And, yes. I'm serious.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: socale30

When I'm old enough...I'm gonna run for mayor of SD...then later, gov. I'm 24 now....just counting down the days really. And, yes. I'm serious.
If you are really serious...that is awesome, my man! Are you a political science major?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: socale30

Move to Washington D.C. You can smoke crack there and become Mayor. So if you don't do anything worse than Pot you should win by a landslide.

Also, my uncle can wheelie his VTX 1800 just as easily as anyone else can wheelie their sportbike
I feel like a dousche. My old bike could barely wheelie (Yamaha XJ600 with 60hp and weighing 450lbs)
Name:  powpow.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  63.1 KB

Quick Reply: glad i dont live in so. fl...