Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gixxer jokes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gixxer jokes?

Why is it that every time someone puts up that whole "I'm a biker boy" front or someone is a squid, there are always references to the fact that they should be on a gixxer? Sorry if this is a topic that's been killed, but I've seen this reference a few times now and as far as I know, gixxers are pretty competent bikes.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The bike is popular. Means even tho the end % of squids on them may equal any other manufacturer, the number is simply larger. Said it in another thread
The stupidity floating round the gixxer gene pool just seems larger. Reality is it's a large pool so the shallow end just seems huge

Old 11-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Reality is nothing, perception is everything ...

Old 11-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

it's not really about the capabilities of the bikes at all -- it's just about the disproportionate percentage of squids that seem to be drawn to that particular make.

it's just a stereotype. like most things i suppose it's a combination of factors that only further evolve as a result of becoming the stereotype; but there are usually supporting examples that makes something became a stereotype in the first place. what's funny about it, is that once you're aware of it, it's like you see more and more supporting evidence that you never consciously realized was there...

Old 11-24-2009, 12:04 AM

No worries tho. We get our squids too. Found on another Fireblade site:
so i appriciate everyones help, and yes i finnaly got my bike running and it ran like a champion, had it to 180mph and it still wasnt redlined yet!!, so i was riding my bike the other day and for sum dumbass reason i thought i was in control over it really good that day. so i stupidly tried to pull a wheelie.... well i got the wheelie and a little more. It came up so fast my legs got thrown off so there was no chance of me bring it back down with the rear brake. it came out from under me at about 50,. as i finnaly slid to a stop i looked up and saw my bike still up on one and it finnaly came down on the right side. plastic is not so pretty as far as the tail. the thing that got "broke" was the front of the bike. my forks still seem to be good but my WHOLE right throttle grip(handle bar) is broken off and is only still hanging on cuz of all the cables hooked up to that side, i dont have a starter button anymore or engine kill switch, that whole piece is trashed.
how bad is that, and how much would that cost for that piece????, sorry guys!, but more important sorry girl!!!
He later goes on to say
yeah yeah, first bike, only been riding for a little over two weeks, but i as soon as i get my bike running again, ya better beleive that im gonna stomp the next one!, and it wasnt me being a squid it was me be cocky
I'm praying he's a troll. Otherwise, Darwin is crying in Heav... er, oblivion

Old 11-24-2009, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by regener8ed
it's not really about the capabilities of the bikes at all -- it's just about the disproportionate percentage of squids that seem to be drawn to that particular make.

it's just a stereotype. like most things i suppose it's a combination of factors that only further evolve as a result of becoming the stereotype; but there are usually supporting examples that makes something became a stereotype in the first place. what's funny about it, is that once you're aware of it, it's like you see more and more supporting evidence that you never consciously realized was there...
Considering many bikers I have met are independent free thinkers, that sounds completely hypocritical. That is of course making the assumptions that stereotypes are only formed from individual perspectives. I didn't know there was so much group-think hate amongst the biker crowd itself (besides the usual Harley vs. Racer divide).

But yeah, I guess it makes sense as far as concentration of newbie riders. Back when a lot of my friends were talking about trying to ride, the automatic answer as to what bike they'd start on was, "I'm gonna start on a gixxer and move up".

Old 11-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the movies have the gsx-r in em as the main bikes. So now all the wannabes/squids/posers buy one. Overall they are as good a bike as our cbr's except those few years they were snapping in half

Old 11-24-2009, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
No worries tho. We get our squids too. Found on another Fireblade site:

He later goes on to say

I'm praying he's a troll. Otherwise, Darwin is crying in Heav... er, oblivion

Made me chuckle, but I thought a squid was someone who simply rode without proper gear (i.e. stunters who don't wear helmets). Gotta appreciate his never say die attitude, though. :lol:

Old 11-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raylee
Made me chuckle, but I thought a squid was someone who simply rode without proper gear (i.e. stunters who don't wear helmets). Gotta appreciate his never say die attitude, though. :lol:
It's more of a catch-all term for stupidity that makes you put your face to your palm. At least that's how it's used.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ratio of morons to competent riders is far off on Suzuki. See people who are more mature and research their bikes really find the right one for them they have a 1/4 chance of it being a Suzuki.

95% of squids just buy a giixxxzaaa because they heard it's the bad *** thing tooo dooo.

So where as there's maybe 1/4th of Suzuki riders are normal and not morons theres the other 3/4ths that ride with no helmet and love to be the center of attention... really they shoulda bought a Harley eh?

Quick Reply: Gixxer jokes?