Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Girl just got her 1st bike....

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girl just got her 1st bike....

Well i knew it was just a matter of time before she decided to get her own bike because only girl i know that is home waiting for me so we can take the bike out and ride. After a couple of closed road lessons and sending her to the MSF course we brought home her bike. I tried to talk her into something alittle more forgiving but when she saw the 08 Graffiti 600rr....there was no talkin her out of it. She been riding fora coupleweeks now and startin to let her ride wit me and the guys when we go hittin some back roads. Everyone knows that she is new so no F'n around or id kill em. I also told her thatif the pace is to fast on a road she isnt familiar with its no race and well meet her at the end. She is pickingup on the riding faster thanI remember getting the hang of itbut she had her first close call and I think it tookmore years off my life than hers. She is already bringing home after market stuff and tellin me to put it on lol. I still think im more comfortable wit her on the back of mine so i worry less but it is pretty awesome to ride out wit your girl.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Default RE: Girl just got her 1st bike....

'08 RR and new rider[sm=jawdrop.gif]!! (I'm the biggest hypocrite when it comes to this but... [8D])

+1 on MSF and close course instruction

Don't forget to protect both the rider and bike. Biggest advice I can give, would to practice hard braking/emergency braking. Those brakes are something else on that machine and if grabbing a handful too much, it will turn into bad situation reaaal quick. Also throttle control.

Please stay safe and keep the shiny side up

Old 01-29-2008, 10:07 AM

since she has the riding basics down, now show HER how to install all those goodies she's bringing home...explain how she will enjoy them that much more having done the work herself..."honey, pass me that 10mm open end please? sure sweetie, i'll trade ya for that phillips head and the fork oil"...lol

Old 01-29-2008, 10:20 AM

It is definetly a feeling that is hard to get use to. I ride with a good friend who recently got a bike (07 600rr) and i was more nervous then she was on every trip we took (plus the drivers in Queens,NY are not the safest people to be around. But now after 1 summer, she is killin it in the twisties sliding her *** off the seat and all.

ORIGINAL: kravguy

since she has the riding basics down, now show HER how to install all those goodies she's bringing home...explain how she will enjoy them that much more having done the work herself..."honey, pass me that 10mm open end please? sure sweetie, i'll trade ya for that phillips head and the fork oil"...lol
+1... heres Beth finishing up her first oil change (she also did most of the work for
the '06 tailight install and "custom" FE

Old 01-29-2008, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: kravguy

Thats exactly what i told her. She asked me to put them on for her and was alittle surprised when i told her no....i would help her but i wasnt doing it for her. I also had frame sliders and swing arm spools put on before it even left the honda shop. She is also been well informed about safety being paramount, just to bad i had to learn that lesson the hard way. Dont leave the house w/o full gear now.

Biggest advice I can give, would to practice hard braking/emergency braking. Those brakes are something else on that machine and if grabbing a handful too much, it will turn into bad situation reaaal quick. Also throttle control.
The emergency braking practice is a good idea....gonna have to do that. Ive warned her but practice is always better....she got the throttle control down pretty good already. Kind of impressive on how fast she got used to it.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:32 AM

Hey thats pretty cool to hear. And I feel you on the comfortability when shes not sittin behind you.

Im riding the same bike. Could you get some picks of the bike up with the Sliders and spools. I need to get some and Im just curious as to how they look and what kind she has?

Old 01-29-2008, 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: CBR Jockey

Im riding the same bike. Could you get some picks of the bike up with the Sliders and spools. I need to get some and Im just curious as to how they look and what kind she has?
If you look in the second pic i posted above you can see the Lockhart and Philips sliders on the '07 (no cut)

Old 01-29-2008, 11:14 AM

Congrat's SR, it'll be uncomfortable for a little bit, but it's going to get much better. When your done w/ a ride you will be able to talk about what you saw.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

ORIGINAL: CBR Jockey

If you look in the second pic i posted above you can see the Lockhart and Philips sliders on the '07 (no cut)
Ahh Ill be sure to check that out. I just noticed that he had not pictures up and the schools server Im using right now blocks most sites used for posting pictures so all I get are those annoying red x's.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:15 PM

Damn-she has the bike I want. Oh well I don't want the payment and I can't pay cash for it till my truck sells. Glad she got the bike she wanted and you guys can have fun together.

Quick Reply: Girl just got her 1st bike....