Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gift wrapping ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gift wrapping ideas?

So my brother and i have this thing were we give eachother gifts that are very time consuming to open. Well last year he gave me 2 xbox 360 games wrapped in newspaper wrapped in 2 rolls of duck tape wrapped in saran wrap wrapped in more duck tape. Took me about 15 mins to get into. Well this year for x-mas i went beyond the regular household items. I bought a bag of concrete and a 5 gallon bucket. I put a 50 dollar gift card in a soda can wrapped in duck tape in the middle. So i hope he has fun trying to open his christmas gift.

Anyways does anyone have ideas for hard to open gifts becuase im running out of ideas and still have another 60-70 years of gift giving if iam able. lol Thanks

PS- a 5 gallon bucket holds just less than 80 lbs of concrete.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow. You are the master. I thought the one I did a few years ago that was good, but you got me beat.

Mine was inside a wooden box, inside a wooden box, inside a wooden box, inside of yet another wooden box. All of the boxes were screwed together using around 500 screws. Then, the last box, I took a drill bit and stripped out the screws after I put them in, so they couldn't be removed. Then, the gift inside was simply a note saying: "look behind the couch for your real gift".

Old 12-21-2009, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid
wow. You are the master. I thought the one I did a few years ago that was good, but you got me beat.

Mine was inside a wooden box, inside a wooden box, inside a wooden box, inside of yet another wooden box. All of the boxes were screwed together using around 500 screws. Then, the last box, I took a drill bit and stripped out the screws after I put them in, so they couldn't be removed. Then, the gift inside was simply a note saying: "look behind the couch for your real gift".
Haha i thought about doing the note thing but thought he might want a reward. lol

500 SCREWS!!!!! Good god. How did they get it open? I would rather break concrete then figure that out. lol

Old 12-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I had to go through 80 lbs of concrete to get a gift I had better find keys to a vehicle when I get there...

Otherwise you might wake up to find 160 lbs of concrete encased around both your feet and your *** dangling off the Benjamin Franklin Bridge

Old 12-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry, no wrapping ideas offhand, but your fun did remind me of a Christmas party at a hotel where six of us guys picked up our boss's car (yes, picked it up) & moved it around to the back of the building. The look on his face when he went to go home, was priceless!

Old 12-21-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Sorry, no wrapping ideas offhand, but your fun did remind me of a Christmas party at a hotel where six of us guys picked up our boss's car (yes, picked it up) & moved it around to the back of the building. The look on his face when he went to go home, was priceless!
I knew these huge guys in tech school who moved there friends car over the middle barrier in the parking lot(the one with grass in it thats like a yard wide and 6 inches high) after a party. He went out that morning totally dumb founded and couldnt remember if he parked it like that or what. He had the little civic hatchback.

Haha i love good pranks. Ive recently got my wife with putting saran wrap over the holes on her shampoo bottles. just unscrew the top and put a piece of clear plastic over it then screw it back on. Frigging hilarious hearing them in the shower going WTF is wrong with this Stupid A$$ frigging bottle?!?! I was rolling on the floor when the bottle started smacking the side of the shower trying to break that clot! haha took her about 2 mins to figure it out!

Kuroshio remind me to never wrap your gift! Ive never seen the BF bridge but that would be the best way to get the all around view! haha

Anyone know other pranking ideas? Im going to turn this thread into my amusment park! lol

Old 12-21-2009, 04:32 PM

but it in a bucket of dog poo.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last prank I took part in a group of us broke into a friend house and completely rearranged it. When I say "completely" I mean:
  • Furniture
  • Art on the walls
  • Kitchen cabinets
  • Kitchen drawers
  • Refrigerator
  • Garage
  • Dresser drawers
  • Closets
  • CD / DVD shelf
  • Rugs
  • Medicine cabinets

Everything in the house had a new place. Food on different shelves in the fridge, socks in different drawers in the dressers, throw rugs in different rooms. He said he knew something was wrong when he came in, dropped his keys on the table by the door and heard them hit the floor. We moved the table to the other side of the hallway. Lasted for a long time too since nobody uses everything in their house every day.

Months down the rode he'd go looking for something in the last place he left it and oops... now its in the last place we left it

Old 12-21-2009, 08:55 PM

Back in high school, after football practice one evening, me and a couple of guys picked up a guys vw bug and had it straddling a concrete ditch. I never did hear how he got it off the ditch.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Administrator - Retired

CBRfenatic, that's good stuff. Another thing you could do in the future is some welding. Just weld a steel box shut. Thick steel.... like 1/4" stuff. PITA to get open.

Ive recently got my wife with putting saran wrap over the holes on her shampoo bottles
Haha! That's funny. Me and my buddies used to do that to each others beers. Just a little piece of saran wrap over the mouth of a beer bottle....held on with a rubber band. It's great when they're half drunk.
What's even better, though, is putting tabasco on the rim. If they're buzzed, they probably won't say anything at first.... then you just keep doing it. LOL..
They'll eventually realize that something isn't right when they're mouth is burning...
Another thing to do is if someone is drinking a mixed drink through a straw, pull the straw out and heat the end with a lighter and then pinch it shut. Then stick it back in the drink, sealed end first.

Quick Reply: Gift wrapping ideas?