Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ghosts ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ghosts ?

I live in an old farmhouse, and often see movement out of the corner of my eye.
My wife is psychic and has seen full body apparitions all over the house.
We set up the ***** on a pool table in a spare room one night, and at around 2AM we heard someone playing - thought it was my son. He swears he was in bed, but next morning the ***** were all over the place........
Does anyone else have any similar stories ?

Old 11-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ghosts ?

creepy!

I have some.. too long of story & I always feel like people think im making it up.. But I DO believe.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:08 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

=)

*edit

Old 11-15-2008, 02:42 AM

^^ Is that the steer, or the queer in you, speaking out loud again. Christ, I guess everyone from Texas is a Decider.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:06 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nah, Spirit - it's just Rojer being Rojer.

Doesn't work on the Lotto, unfortunately, or I'd've been over there visiting you guys and making a nuisance of myself.......

Still, we live in hope.......[X(]

Old 11-15-2008, 05:29 AM

Im not so convinced of ghosts. The idea intrigues me, but thats about it. I am fully aware that there are things in the universe I will never understand or am supposed to understand. It just seems odd that anyone who has passed on would be hanging around. If that were the case, wouldnt there be millions and millions of ghosts? I really hope not. I'd hate to think there are dead people watching me choke the chicken....hmm.... I guess I should probably stop that. [&:]

I admit I like to watch ghost hunters. I like to watch bigfoot searches and just about anything that is odd or unexplainable. the real problem is though, almost everything can be explained, but when someone is a believer, there is no explainanation that will do other than ghosts.

case in point. My ex believed in ghosts. She informed me one night that the light in the closet was turning off and onand she was scared. I walked to the closet, wiggle the bulb and it was loose. Hmm.. I tightened it, and it stopped doing it..I said there, thats all it was, she said no, it was a ghost.The point is, any bump or noise at all and it was a ghost. People that believe will want it to be a ghost, so it is. shadows in the dark are my favorite or something moving just out of your sight.,turn to focus and its gone. The power of suggestion is great, especially when its your own mind suggesting it. People will always see shadows in the dark, its your eyes trying to focus, movement out of the corner of your eye is nothing more than dirt and particles in your eye flowing across your eye.. there are millions of particals in your eyes all the time. The only difference is people who believe in ghosts will think its ghosts.

I cant remember the name of the show, but they were investigating a haunted house. the home owner was telling his story of why his house is haunted. He said he was walking down the stairs and someone pushed him and he fell down the stairs, when he got up, no one was there. He was on a ladder painting the outside of the house and he was pushed off his ladder. he was carrying paint one day and he was pushed and dumped paint on his pants. He even went as far as to say while he was hammering in a nail, a someone pushed his hand and he smashed his thumb as he was hitting the nail.. I laughed so hard I almost peed. This guy was just a cluts. But, since he believed, it was never his own fault... I think it was on that show from Europe.. man I cant remember the name. But it is the hoakiest show I have ever seen.

Shadow, if I was in your shoes and really felt my house was haunted, I would put up some cameras and reset the pool table up or any other area that you feel is haunted. I would do the pool table again but dont tell anyone about the camera. Keep that to yourself. see what happens. you might catch some ***** moving on their own.. who knows. Im cetainly not trying to dismiss what you experience, like I said, there are tons of things that I have no understanding of.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:35 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: justasquid

I'd hate to think there are dead people watching me choke the chicken....hmm.... I guess I should probably stop that. [&:]

I cant remember the name of the show, but they were investigating a haunted house. the home owner was telling his story of why his house is haunted. He said he was walking down the stairs and someone pushed him and he fell down the stairs, when he got up, no one was there. He was on a ladder painting the outside of the house and he was pushed off his ladder. he was carrying paint one day and he was pushed and dumped paint on his pants. He even went as far as to say while he was hammering in a nail, a someone pushed his hand and he smashed his thumb as he was hitting the nail.. I laughed so hard I almost peed. This guy was just a cluts. But, since he believed, it was never his own fault... I think it was on that show from Europe.. man I cant remember the name. But it is the hoakiest show I have ever seen.

UMMM ya you might want to stop that. You could go blind!!!!

Before I got to the part where you called the guy a klutz I was thinking the same thing.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:39 AM
RCR

The only thing I have no explanation for is, when a room gets cold all of a sudden and then goes back to normal after a few minutes. Not like in the movies where you can see your breath but drops enough to know its not normal.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:43 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: justasquid

It just seems odd that anyone who has passed on would be hanging around. If that were the case, wouldnt there be millions and millions of ghosts? I really hope not. Id hate to think there are dead people watching me choke the chicken....hmm.... I guess I should probably stop that. [&:]
A belief in ghosts ...

Well it also comes down to a belief in God and the afterlife ..its not just about belief in ghosts is it??... if you say you believe in ghosts then you must believe in an afterlife and maybe God too ... now some people will say they believe in God but dont believe in ghosts which is strange, if you believe in God and know we all have a spirit or a soul within us then its quite credible that not all of us cross over into the "light" right away as it where, some get trapped down here on the astral plane for whatever reason, spiritual unrest, violent death, could be hundreds of reasons for not crossing over and hanging around.
I am a firm believer in God for very personal reasons to me but thats my own experince and my own opinion.

Belief systems are usually very personal and we should never condemn/judge/mock anyone who does believe or who doesnt believe, we should just accpet that persons perspective on things. We should all just get along. We are all just peopel with different life experiences and more similar than many think.

On a lighter note and I think its kinda funny when we talk about the belief or not in UFOs.

Some people believe in them and again some dont ..but isnt it funny when you hear people say oh I believe in ghosts and God etc but not UFOs .. now let me see, you dont believe that somewhere in this whole massive or infinte universe that life could not have developed elsewhere on a suitable planet and become advanced enough to have deep space travel, yet you believe in an all powerful omnipresent being who can destroy you all by fire at a moments notice ...see, we are all just crazy people with our own beliefs!! ..lol

Jules

Quick Reply: Ghosts ?