Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ghost's

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ghost's

'There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy'. Hamlet

When i was about 10, my family lived in a (smallish) house on the Coast, never had a decent nights sleep in few years we lived there. never saw anything, but a lot of strange stuff used to happen, My sister & I (who slept in another part of the house) used to spend a lot of our nights hiding under our parent bed covers. So I guess you can say I'm opened minded about it, no so much about 'Ghost Hunters' who make a living out of fueling peoples fears.
I've known a lot of rational, sensible people that have had the crap scared out of them by something thats happened to them. All societies from primitive times till now, have 'Ghost Stories'
I mean we live live on a tiny planet, that to us as a species, are only recent arrivals, hurtling through space, in a galaxy (far, far away) with billions of other galaxies, & on top of that, many of us believe in a God (& afterlife) with no proof.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Pacemaker. I have witnessed some stuff that I, as a very rational analytical person, can't explain.

My girlfriend lived in a dorm on her campus, that used to be a psychiatric hospital, to the point of having catacombs and a morgue area for autopsies in the basement. some REALLY strange stuff would happen there. one girl had a collage with the pictures all crooked and stuff (you know what i meen) and one day when we came back to the room, every picture in it was straight...

stuff used to fall off thier shelves too. like an Xbox controller that was inside a basket.

and the WIERDEST thing... the nail polish used to come off of all-three girls same toe (i don't know how to write that correctly) so, all nailpolish on right foot is accounted for, except the middle toe, completely gone.

I'm not saying i saw a glowing figure or anything, but i don't disbelieve that there could be something

Old 08-27-2008, 10:20 PM

You want some stories? I've got a few.
My house was built prior to 1860, no one knows the exact date...suffice to say it's old...used to be a 200 acre farm, now it's just the house, barn,and 2 1/4 acres. We hear things (no biggie), the cats play with **** that isn't there (no biggie, cats are tards like that anyway), the dogs roll over like they are getting their belly rubbed (again, no biggie, maybe they're just stretching)...all this I can chalk up to chance. Now, here's the **** I defy you to explain...one night, I can't sleep (it's about 3am-ish), so I go downstairs and grab a drink and a quick snack. Come back upstairs and lay back down in bed. It's summer, so I'm sleeping with the blankets kicked down to the foot of the bed. As I'm laying there, the sheets and blanket are pulled up my body and tucked in around my shoulders, just like your Mom used to do...needless to say, I didn't get any sleep that night. Another time, I'm laying on the couch watching the tube, about 1 in the morning. I'm thinking out loud "When the next commercial comes on, I'm gonna go fix a sandwich." Commercial comes on, I go out to the kitchen...bread, peanut butter, honey, plate, and knife are laid out for me on the stovetop. The question is, if I had waited longer, would the sandwich have been made for me? Every night, just before dusk, the front door thumps like someone has walked in the house, coming in from the fields. My wife got some bad news about her Grandmother(I wasn't home) so she's sitting on the couch crying. The couch groans, cushion sags, and she feels a hand on hers. Shook it off, went back to being sad, happened again. She left and went to a friends house. Yeah, I believe we've got a roommate...nothing malevolent, more of a Mother figure...but a roommate nonetheless.
You want more?
Used to work at a restaurant that was erected in the late 1700's, was a hospital for the noth and south during the civil war...still had bloodstains on the attic wall and carvings of Generals and jibberish writings in the plaster...the attic was the "intensive care" ward, if you will. In the present times, it was file storage with other rubbish...no one would go up there but me and a few other people. I go up there one day, there's a rocking chair in the corner just rocking away...when I see it rocking, it stops. Not like it slows down, but like someone in it put their feet down...it was stopped WAAAAY off-balance, no possible way it could have just come to a stop in this position, the laws of gravity won't allow it.
You want more? Ask me about my haunted old Buick (shades of Christine).

Old 08-27-2008, 10:37 PM

^^Ok, that is a little messed up. Just don't make a show about it, so they can make it really corny and exaggerated.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:01 PM

^I wish I've gotten to see stuff like that.. but til then I guess it's all fantasy to me.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Dont buy it, prolly never will.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:37 PM

First off. let me just say I believe there is more to life than we will ever know. there are a lot of paranormal things that happen everyday. I'm skepitcal with ghosts, although it does interest me.

51plymouth.
Your incident with the sheets and the sandwich could easily be explained by forgetting you did it already. I think we've all went to go do something and forgot that we already did it.... being that it was so early in the morning, I'd guess you had a sleep walking spell or just forgot you had already gotten the stuff out for the sandwich and forgot you just pulled the sheets up on yourself.. And, being that you sound like a true believer, your first thought is ghost. Night terrors are some real clinical issues that canaffect anyone at anytime in thier lives.The person says or does things and can't remember doing them, but the person will come up with demons doing it and not them even though the video's from their sleep studies show them doing it. In their mind, a demon or ghost did it. They will recall not being able to move as they see demons and such as well. There are a ton of things going on as we drift off to sleep. So its incredible hard to appreciate anything that happens as the person is drifting off or relaxing so late at night. Middle of the day.... another story.. but these thingsdon't happen during the day very often.....Hmmmm.

And the hand on the leg issue. your muscles can tense up from stressful situation. if this happens, it will feel like pressure on what ever muscles are tensed up. this pressure can lead one to think there is something on thier leg when their isnt.

Here, I'll try a little study on ya. I've read a lot of book on paranormal things.. If you don't know already, the witching hour is starts at 3 am. this is supposed to be the time that demons and ghosts can come through from the other side and comunicate. Now, with that thought, watch and see how many times you wake up around 3 am everynight now. I read that and every night for a week I woke up at 315 am. LOL The power of suggestion is incredible even when we are asleep. In fact, its stronger when we are asleep. Dont ask me howI woke up everynight at that exact time, but I did.

Not trying to disprove anything you believe, you were there, I wasnt. But it is a possibility. thats kind of the problem with this kind of stuff. Its almost all personal experience.

And as far as ghost hunters is concerned. I actually liked watching it when it first came out. they basically went into houses and disproved almost everything...There was the ocasional thing that made you think....wow... what the heck is that??? but that doesnt get ratings. so now you have the new ghost hunters that don't catch anything and basically tell you they heard something... sorry, a noise or a chill doesnt tell me anything.

Its also weird how everything needs to be dark and late at night. But that also plays back to the entire sleep thing. If your tired and not focused, you will see things.. you will hear things.

Again 51plymouth, just trying to show that it canbe explained. I'm not saying thats what happened, but something to consider.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:26 AM

there is weirder **** out there