Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Getting pulled over!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting pulled over!

Well I've never been pulled over yet but I was wondering if any of you ever got pulled over b4?

1. Did you actually stop.
2. What did you get pulled over for.
3. Did you get a ticket.
4. Did you get away.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:20 PM

The last time I got pulled over on the bike, it was nearly a bad one. On the highway leaving town, the speed limit stayed 35 for an unusual distance down the highway. I wasnt paying attention at all and had sped up way too quickly. When I saw the state patrol, I looked down and was going 75...... it was still in the 35 mph zone. I saw him turn around, he caught up to me and followed me for several miles before pulling me over. The first thing he said was "Do you know you were going 75 in a 35"? And then someone called him on his radio, he mumbled something back to them and then looked at me and said: "Today is your lucky day" He turned around got back in his cruiser and drove away! I smiled all the way home!
They have since changed the speed limit on that section of highway.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:41 PM

lol careful where this thread goes. its got a good chance of getting locked. but ive never been pulled over. past quite a few cops going a bit to fast but enterprisingly have never been pulled over. i know they radar-ed me too but they never lit me up. :knockonwood:

Old 09-17-2011, 01:34 AM

why would you run. a measly ticket is not worth risking being charged with a felony. unless you have nothing to lose and do not mind working for McDonald's for the rest of your life, sure, take the chance and run.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
That is a certainty if it gets too silly ???

I spose this question would be sorrta new for a new rider ....

As far as I am concerned , yer , I have been stopped , booked , charged , thrown in the lock up and a few other things by traffic cops over the years ...

Bottom line ... NEVER ****ING RUN !!!!!!!!!!!! under any circumstances ...

They will kick anyone's **** around the block and then some!! if they ever catch anyone running , or if they run you down trying to catch you ... you will get it for sure !!! and then the fine..'s , charge's , penalties in general will not be pretty !

Stop , take it like a man , argue in court if you have too , or if you have a case to fight it ...?? but never ever run !!

Allot of people are now dead because they did not feel like or want to stop for what ever reason!!!

Amen, I've seen it happen, on the way back from the local shop, pillion & rider both killed, for trying to avoid a measly fine.
I've been booked more than a few times, last one I was a bit peeved, traveling along with the flow of traffic & was pulled over by motorcycle cop & done for speeding. Must be due for another about now, been awhile.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:07 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been pulled over. Once on a bike, several on a car/truck.

1. Of course I stopped. doh...
2. On a bike, a contact failure on my rear light causing it to blink. On a Truck, running on reds (just barely) to avoid a half-lock emergency braking while haulin over seven metric tons of cargo. Saw it safer, the copper behind me didn`t... Several times to be breathalyzed. 0 hits, naturally...
3. I did. For the reds. A couple camera poles over the years too...
4. I guess you could say that, when the bike-cop that stopped me on a bike knew a few things about bikes himself, and just said "yeah, they do that when they get corroded over the years... Fix it tonight, ok?" and off he went... Lucky he didn`t notice my bike was not actually reduced to 11kw as it should have been...

Old 09-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I won't go into details of some of the dumb things I did in my younger years that would probably get this thread locked. Over the years I've found that whenever I've been stopped if I'm polite I frequently am let off with just a warning.

I've read many "all cops are bad" threads and it seems that many of those individuals have an attitude that probably didn't go over too well when they were stopped which just compounded the problem.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

1. i definitely stopped

2. i was going about 25-30 mph over the speed limit

3. i did not get a ticket. he stated that because i had a M/C endorsement, i was wearing all of my gear, that i pulled over, and because i had no tickets in the previous 12 months (let alone ever), he'd let me go. i think it was also because i pulled over, shut the bike off and took of my helmet. when i went go get my wallet out of my pocket, i told him exactly what i was doing, and i didn't make excuses. he was a rider as well.

4. i actually DID get away. i got away without a ticket. if you run, believe me, the speeding ticket is now the least of your concerns. bikes are way faster than the police cars, but they're nowhere near as quick as the Motorola.

pull over, don't make excuses, apologize, be real with the cop and your chances are much better.

Last edited by Conrice; 09-17-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Smile

i've never been pulled over on my bike but i use the same morals for when in my car.
1. of course you stop, no matter what your doing.
2. a few speeding, tail light out, "slow n go" at a stop sign, etc.
3. out of all the times i've been pulled over i've only been ticketed once. i find that as long as you stop and be polite most cops will let you off with a warning.
4. i got away without being thrown in jail or in the hospital

i think one of my favorite stories is when i was doing 65 in a 30. i passed a sheriff and he hit the blue lights, naturally i pulled over, but the section of road i was on was very narrow and he had to go further down (out of sight) turn around and then come to where i was pulled over on the side of the road right after where he hit the blue lights on me. whenever he came up to the window he told me he was hauling *** thinking i was going to run, and then proceeded to tell me thank you for stopping and just to "slow it down a bit". sometimes it pays to just to pull over and stop.

Quick Reply: Getting pulled over!