Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Getting cold, everyone still riding?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting cold, everyone still riding?

i live in maine too and at 5:45am when i leave for the gym its been about 25 degrees lately, so i haven't ridden for about a week.....i think maybe 1 or 2 more rides and im probably done.

i have an aero-skirt for my helmet, but no bavaclava or whatever, wish i did.

i wear my normal jeans and leather jacket, and wear my A* rain gear over it, it keeps you warm because it blocks the wind 100%. as with what other people said, my hands, and neck get the coldest.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:20 AM

I ride when weather permits until the sand comes out. I get up at 6, put on some thermal underwear, and ride to work. My roommate asked me the other day if it was really woth it to get bundled up like that. I told him it is worth it to me.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 51plymouth
I ride unless there is snow on the roads...it's a motorcycle, not garage furniture.
+1

My bike is transportation, not just a toy. As long as the roads are clear of ice and snow, I will roll. I just take account of the reduced tracktion, especially when starting up.

I wear a balaclava under my helmet, and glove liners under my gloves - they're $10 or less at any camping supply store. And otherwise I just layer up.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: soccer13pro2007
Btw, has anyone solved the whole wind in the helmet while cold issue? My lips get chapped as hell, and not to mention how cold it just feels
Balacavia

i wear one of these under my helmet when im riding in the winter...or shall i say this is what ill be wearing when the 900 gets outta the shop. LOL

Old 11-01-2008, 10:49 AM

they allready salted the roads where i venture to in PA...they sanded them here. Its warm out today(51)...i took my dam bike home from college thursday after it snowed for 2 days..im goin home to ride today since its nice

Old 11-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tacoma25

I ride when weather permits until the sand comes out. I get up at 6, put on some thermal underwear, and ride to work. My roommate asked me the other day if it was really woth it to get bundled up like that. I told him it is worth it to me.

my friend/roomate says the same thing. my bike is my daily driver since between me and my g/f there's three bikes and one truck. so when weather is ****ty, i would rather she stayed safe/warm/dry on 4 wheels then risking it on her bike. i've got more miles under my belt than her. my roomate always says the same thing though...."you should tell her to get a car! wouldnt you rather be warm and in a enclosed vehical on cold/wet days?!"

my reply........'you'll just never EVER know' (he refuses to ever ride a motorcycle b/c he thinks they're too dangerous. i tell him....its as dangerous as you want to make it!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

my reply........'you'll just never EVER know' (he refuses to ever ride a motorcycle b/c he thinks they're too dangerous. i tell him....its as dangerous as you want to make it!
so based on your injury/wreck record...you make it look quite dangerous..no wonder he hasnt mounted up yet

Old 11-01-2008, 11:22 AM

I thought I was going to freeze to death coming to work today. I had on like4 layers, including a heavyweight hoodie, plus my leather jacket, boots, jeans and gloves/helmet. I tucked the front of the hoodie up in the helmet, but still air got in.

It was like 6:40 right before it gets real light, and at the coldest part of the day. The engine does pull harder while it's cold out though

Old 11-01-2008, 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator

ORIGINAL: jaynd

so based on your injury/wreck record...you make it look quite dangerous..no wonder he hasnt mounted up yet
lol yeah jay if your the one explaining the safety of motorcycling, you can't be mad he hasn't jumped into the sport yet, your luck hasn't been the greatest.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pfft, to hell w/ you ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! good god, i've got 37k miles under my belt in 16 months .........you all laugh, you all joke.....im gonna go for a ride.

****ers!

Quick Reply: Getting cold, everyone still riding?