Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Get anything done on your bike tonight??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get anything done on your bike tonight??

if your working on a project bike what did you get done tonight??? i finished front upper. shaved/ glassed out the blinker mounts. primered it. left panel done in primer. right panel primered tonight. closer on prep on the front fender. not in primer yet. rear tail shaved, glassed in the rear grab handle holes. still needs much more work before primer. i went with brilliant silver..and i told the guy @ the parts store if it didnt come out brilliant i would bring back the empty can for a refund..he said with a smile, the manufacturer is two blocks over. take it there. witch it is! so i smiled and walked out..lets hear it!!!what did you get done tonight! or did you just look at your finished bike, drink beers and cuss the weather?????

Old 03-05-2010, 12:40 AM

Well I am about ready to finish up my rebuild after my accident 3 yrs ago. Got my mutant rear stay back from the fabricator and low and be hold it is still too narrow. :annoyed: I am going to see if he can widen it a little. Once I get my tail mounted, it is off to the stealership for a carb clean, new iridium plugs and fresh oil. Put my fairings back on and I am good to go.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:30 AM

Tonight I'm cheaping out on a few gaskets. Might do some more sanding and pick up some fiberglass and paint. I'm going with truck bed undercoating cause I like the texture and I'm a cheap SOB.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Default liner

hey cold case? i think. takes so long for the page to reload i forgott your name.? what are you using under coating for?? put another 5 hours in my pannels tonight. hit the bike shop and got a quick spin clutch perch. primer, paint, sand paper, tank is on order. got rid of all my do dads on the handle bars. no more horn, blinker, on, off switches. just a grip cluttch and starter button.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:42 PM

I got my full d and d exhaust and integrated tail light on.. Tomorrow im putting on my new spiked cbr handle grips and might but in my new BMC air filter.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

just picked up a new bike tonight . 2000 honda RC-51
2-1 CF jardine pipe
puig db windscreen
HID
crg levers
Vortex tripple, bars and sprockets
SS brake lines
flush mounts
undertail
PC2
custom paint job
new tires

ill post picks sometime this weekend. im gettign married tomorrow so ill be kinda busy. but the wife to be said i could buy a bike so i chose this =)

Last edited by HAVOC; 03-08-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by HAVOC
the wife to be said i could buy a bike so i chose this =)
She's a keeper!!

Old 03-06-2010, 03:59 PM

congrats havoc!!! getting married and a new bike. lookn forward to the pics. i love the rc 51 s.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Congrats Havoc :-)

I didnt actually work on anything last nite, got all my work done a week or so ago. Doing testing and tuning now on the work performed. got out today and put 50 or so miles on. rattled a bolt loose and a hose clamp. All fixed and no worries. Here is the project from last month to today.

and to quote Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith "i love it when a plan comes together"

Quick Reply: Get anything done on your bike tonight??