Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Geico cracks me up

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Geico cracks me up

geico is a good company. warren buffet owns it and it's a berkshire hathaway company. I get a sweet discount with geico since i also work for a B/H company.

i thought that adding my bike in addition with my car + my company discount would = a sweet quote... nope

but geico is a sweet company. warren buffet (#2 richest person in the world) wouldn't have bought it if they sucked...

Old 01-12-2008, 10:53 PM

i always get angry when i see the commercials for gieco saying that it can save money for motorcycle riders
liability only with gieco was something like $1400.... noo thanks
$450 with rider sounds better haha

Old 01-12-2008, 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

So today, I get a phone call from geico.

"Hi I saw you recently got a quote from us?"

"yes sir i did. i thought it was a bit much..."

"well the reason why it was so expensive because it looked like you got the full coverage quote. Full coverage is always expensive for a motorcycle. You don't need that much insurance for your bike"

"yes I do..."

"oh, well, i've got a bike too. they're fun aren't they?"

"yep"...

"well ok, just following up with your quote. if you have any more questions feel free to call us"

what a douche. lol. i thought this was funny enough to share.
"Apparently squi- i mean, sir, YOU definitely need that much coverage."

ps
I put liability on my first bike, and state farm added uninsured/underinsured driver coverage and medical coverage without even asking. But I appreciate that to be honest.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:04 AM

Insurance is great to have, and it will save your butt....but the catch is, you cant use it! lol. Because they will jack your rate through the roof! lol.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:52 PM

I am glad that Gayco has customers funding their funny commercials! I dont know what I would do without them! O... On a side note, I did save about $2,460.00 a year by NOT going with Geico. Thanks Progressive!

Old 01-14-2008, 09:30 AM

I had Geico for my car and will never go back to them for anything. They basically canceled my policy because I have aftermarket parts on my car. I thought I was being smart by telling them about them so they would be covered in case of a wreck...

Funny thing is that some of them cost less than the OEM ones would to replace like each wheel is $200 less than what they would replace from the dealer. They tried to get my business back too and I was like but you canceled my policy...

Old 01-14-2008, 09:50 AM

speaking of geico and cracking you up...i just remembered this..its hilarious

http://www.adgabber.com/video/video/...AVideo%3A67692

Old 01-14-2008, 10:46 AM

Geico is a ****ty insurance company, screwed me over big time. I canceled my bike insurance for the winter(dec-april) and my wife got in a wreck at the end of march...and they canceled my car insurance and not my bike.....never will I have insurance from them again, stupidest insurance company ever send me letters in the mail wanting my service again, F#$@ the .....I now have progressive, and my insurance is half the price of Geico for my bike, and a little cheaper for my vehicles

Old 01-14-2008, 11:13 AM

Dairyfarm offers GREAT rates on bikes. They also pay too, a year before I put my bike on them I whacked one of their covered drivers. (Pulled out in front of me trying to get it the opposite lane). I bought my 92 F150 for $1k and received $2600 after I bought my truck back from them.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:25 PM

sorry to bump back my old topic, but i just got out of a meeting with a state farm agent...

$214 with the same coverage. That's a savings of, oh, 600+ dollars.

btw i was paying $125/yr for 12,500 of liability coverage only coverage with progressive...

i switched my car, renters, and motorcycle insurance over 5 minutes ago. best decision i ever made! paying less for more (not to sound like a commercial)...

speaking of commercials, i wonder if that stupid geico add is going to appear below this post. nothing against my gecko , i like him a lot, but it's time to move on lil guy... time to move on...

Quick Reply: Geico cracks me up