Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Geico cracks me up

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Geico cracks me up

^^ yeah i told the agent that i'm going to insure all my stuff with state farm for the discounts. he was like 'oh well i'd hate to see you go..."

btw i did the same quote with progressive just now and it was $545/yr

Old 01-12-2008, 08:24 PM

That may have been cheesy, but that Peter Frampton commercial rocks!

I only pay $125 a year through State Farm for full coverage, butI do only have a 92 F2 Same bike quote from Progressive was $850 and Geiko wanted like $2,500[:@]

Old 01-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Retired Moderator

I asked one of my recent insurance companies (AIG)why their insurance was so much cheaper that Geico. The rep explained that Geico spends alot of money on advertising. That made alot of sense to me. They have to pay for all those funny commercials somehow, I guess.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I asked one of my recent insurance companies (AIG)why their insurance was so much cheaper that Geico. The rep explained that Geico spends alot of money on advertising. That made alot of sense to me. They have to pay for all those funny commercials somehow, I guess.

The only thing that ever appeals to me about Geico is their commercials. Their rates are terribly high unless you're on liability. I would not trust them. They do not offer moto insurance in MI, but I can bet their rates are much higher than what I pay at the moment.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Banned

I might be just blowin smoke out my a**. But I was once told that GEICO stood for Government Employees Insurance Company. Not sure if that is accurate or not.

I had a claim take over six months from them once. The worst experience I have ever gone through with an insurance company. Geico will NEVER get my business again. Just my opinion, but they have got to have the worst customer service I have ever seen.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:41 PM

The one time I dealt with GEICO was pleasant, brief, and worth $324 dollars for the nick some dick put in my VW. Like Progressive, they called me--rather than the opposite--and took care of the issue to my satisfaction.

There is some truth to the advertising excuse, but it's not altogether a fair statement:

http://www.americanbanker.com/rankin...AdSpending.htm

Old 01-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

I might be just blowin smoke out my a**. But I was once told that GEICO stood for Government Employees Insurance Company. Not sure if that is accurate or not.
It does but they just go by GEICO now without the acronym because they started marketing to the public a long time ago.

There's a little known insurance company named Amica, they are always ranked 1st to 3rd in just about every insurance category there is but they are very hard to get insured through because they have such tough criteria. They do little to no advertising and they require you to have a virtually spotless record (low claims are how they keep their costs low but they do pay when required) but in return you're almost guaranteed to get the lowest rate possible. I'll be happy if they ever start offering m/c insurance.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

I had a claim take over six months from them once. The worst experience I have ever gone through with an insurance company. Geico will NEVER get my business again. Just my opinion, but they have got to have the worst customer service I have ever seen.

When you are looking for service, you have to stick to the big companies. SF, Prog, and possibly Allstate are the companies to deal with. They may not be the best everytime, but they will take care of you.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

When you are looking for service, you have to stick to the big companies. SF, Prog, and possibly Allstate are the companies to deal with. They may not be the best everytime, but they will take care of you.
I agree absolutely. Those companies dont get to their size without having good customer service. I just have a bad taste in my mouth with Geico. It is strictly just a personal opinion. I know they are a good company and many people are satisfied with them. I will not however, waiting over six months for something that was not your fault to begin with is not acceptable in my opinion. Especially when you are left with no vehicle nor given a rental. I wont go into details, but I had a terrible experience with them.

Just my .02

Old 01-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love S.F. and they've been great but don't let size fool you. Not to be an ad for Amica, but they've been around over 100 years and they've been the highest ranked insurance company 8 years in a row for a reason .. and that rating is not just by customers but by J.D. and A.M. Best as well (which rates insurance companies in just about every category).

Quick Reply: Geico cracks me up