Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

GED

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GED

Ok, i know it's not the way to go.
But i'm gonna be having surgery and I would like to go work for my dad and make 18 bucks an hour and save it..instead of my dead end fast food 8 dollar an hour **** job.

basically, i was saposed to graduate a year early(this year) and today my teacher tells me i have missed 15 days..the second week of school was when i wrecked my bike and was hospitalized. she doesnt consider that an excused absence [&:]...so, i think im going to get my GED, i relize i cant work for my dad forever, but..if i go with the GED can i still go to a tech school? and what does it look like on applications and all of that stuff?

i dont want to be told to not take the easy way out.. but i really have no choice right now..thanks for the help.

-JD

Old 04-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Default RE: GED

Dont get a GED you get screwed with scholarships from colleges. I say fight your teacher about the absences. Thats bs.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:00 PM

this teacher is the biggest grump..she wont budge..she acts like i dont have payments or anything like that..she thinks im just some dumb kid who wants out for no reason..shes a crazy person.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:01 PM

Ya know way back when a diploma meant something...
Stay in school one more year...youll miss youre senior year and within weeks all the people you grew up with will forget about u and youll be just another slave to the grind...I mean after high school thats all there is ...the rat race...enjoy being 17...STAY IN SCHOOL

Old 04-03-2008, 02:02 PM

Sounds like it's time to go to theadministration with it.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

Sounds like it's time to go to theadministration with it.
Setup a conference with the principle, teach, you, and your parents. Any medical excuse should be excused. She just can't say shes going to fail you because you have technically an excused absence.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:08 PM

the thing is..i go to a private school..she is the administration[:'(]..she drove so many kids away..there used to be 30 of us..now we are down to 7.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:09 PM

and the only reason i stuck around is cause i thought i would be graduating a year early.. but she waits till the last 5 weeks of school to tell me im going to fail.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say stay in school. Yeah, you can make more money right now....but not going to school closes the door on so many other opportunities in the future. You can always make more money in the future. Don't be in such a rush. Live life a little while you can. Relish it now...cause wants you move on...it's gone.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:11 PM

and this folks is why you should not send your kids to private schools. I worked at the sholarship office at my college and we didn't give a rats *** if your kids went to Super Geniuses Only School or Ghetto High. If a kid got a 2.9GPA in the Super Genius School vs one who got a 3.0 at Ghetto High guess who gets a scholarship?