Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gas prices jump again

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas prices jump again

4$ a gallon? You guys are gonna make strange faces when I say this: I wish it was that cheap!!!! No seriously, up here in canada (montreal area), we pay around 5$/gal. My last fillup cost me the equivalent of US68$ [&o] ... and I drive a sedan, not a truck

Old 05-13-2008, 03:35 PM

Gas is going to be horrible this summer. There were gas thieves by were I live but they were not taking gas from people's tanks. They took a moving truck and parked it over the gas station's main reservoir. It had a hole in the bottom of the storage part so they took gas that way. Even though they got caught and it makes gas more expensive for everyone, I thought it was hilarious.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: wally28_osu

what's crazy to me is that you can go fill up one day at one price, and the next day it is 25 cents more...and you know they did not buy the gas in those tanks for the higher price, esp when they did not refill em since then! just my thoughts.
The reason for that is this: We do not pay for the gas in the storage tanks, we pay for the gas that will FILL the storage tanks next time. If they bought 1000 gallons at $3 a gallon, but while that gas is in the tank the price goes to $3.50 a gallon, they have to make up the difference in order to fill the storage tank again--passing that difference along to us.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

Price caps don't work on gas because the refineries wouldn't make any money so they wouldn't produce as much. One problem we are having is that the refineries are producing less today than they were at this time last year. (as reported by Exxon mobile in their Q1 statement) What we need to do is allow drilling in Alaska and off Florida. The reserves alone in Alaska would supply us with over a million barrels a day. It may take some time to drill and get the crude to market, but it's not going back to $.99 in 6 months. At least now they are extracting from Shale in the Dakotas and in Colorado. That was something that wasn't being done at $40 a barrel.

I agree with this and I live in Florida.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: dalex

4$ a gallon? You guys are gonna make strange faces when I say this: I wish it was that cheap!!!! No seriously, up here in canada (montreal area), we pay around 5$/gal. My last fillup cost me the equivalent of US68$ [&o] ... and I drive a sedan, not a truck
Between federal and state taxes here we pay $.60 more than the "wholesale" price of fuel as shown in the daily markets. If you arte paying more than ~$3.40 right now you can thank your elected officials for taxing the hell out of you. I get so pissed when I see people in England and Europe telling me how I am lucky because they are paying like $6a gallon. I'm lucky because my government is only BFing me a little instead of a lot???

Old 05-13-2008, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: kiker14

on a related note I LOVE my bike - and I don't mind getting wet :-)
that happens every time i go out on my bike

Old 05-13-2008, 06:45 PM

what else can be said??

Name:  6cb2417c.gif
Views: 7
Size:  93.2 KB

Old 05-13-2008, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: ARay

my company gas card fills my jeep up and my bike up i still win
I hate you

outsider8, that picture can be more true

Old 05-13-2008, 07:24 PM

It's all a sign of the end times anyway, I'm going to cancel my 401k, stop saving money, and have fun with the rest of my time! lol

Old 05-13-2008, 09:17 PM

$3.69 here for regular. $3.89 for super. Diesel is over $4 and propane is $3.19 Just like diesel, propane should be cheap as dirt but it aint. [:-]

Quick Reply: Gas prices jump again