Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gas price prediction.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas price prediction.

Long before milk is $15 a gallon the govt WILL open up areas to drilling that they haven't allowed yet. We still have a vast area of untapped resources at our disposal and I believe that the govt will cave in at some point. (I think it may be closer than what many suggest as the economy will continue to decline as long as gas prices stay high.)

Old 04-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas price prediction.

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

Long before milk is $15 a gallon the govt WILL open up areas to drilling that they haven't allowed yet. We still have a vast area of untapped resources at our disposal and I believe that the govt will cave in at some point. (I think it may be closer than what many suggest as the economy will continue to decline as long as gas prices stay high.)
no offense.. but that wont happen..and where are these vast areas of untapped resources you are talking about?..<this is my occupation> not to mention it doesnt matter what we drill for.. its up to OPEC not the US.. plus you obviously didnt read my post.. milk will not go up because gas costs so much they cant get it to market without it costing that much.. milk and everything else will go up because once the euro is the currency that oil is traded on our dollar will hold no more value.. get it? your savings acct worth 20k right now.. will be worth 8kish i would predict if they quit trading oil on the usd.

We are ina serious delcline.. not to mention.. so lets say that all of these protected oil and gas reserves you speak of that have not been drilled yet do get opened.. do you realize how long its going to be before any of that gets to market? someone has to aquire contracts to drill (leases) then ROWs for pipeline, then someone actually has to drill the wells, then someone has to build a pipeline to a refinery or a transmission line.. that **** will take years.. meanwhile people are going broke..

the thought that we are invinceable and the govt will save us is garbage.. we are no longer the premier power.. our dollar is garbage already..