Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gas price prediction.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gas price prediction.

Where paying over $5.00 a gal now. As for prices going down during winter??
In the U.S, if they predict a "Colder" than normal winter, means oil prices here (& everywhere else) go up.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a can of coke was $.50 now its $.75!

Old 10-28-2007, 04:29 PM

For the past 4months my motorcycle was my main form of transportation. I didn't even think about gas prices. I'd just pull up to the pump and fill it up until it was full then paid (Normally no more than $10-12 for 93)

But now that my motorcycle is in peices and I had to start driving a full size chevy pickup truck. Ouch it hurts.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: madgreek

My prediction is that gas will be $1.50 a gallon. Do I have any real evidence to back up this prediction? No. I'm just f_cking pissed that gas was under $1.00 / gal when I started driving, and that was only 10 years ago!
Yeah, prices are pretty high right now. Thank god our bikes get pretty great gas mileage. When I was a kid I remember the gas wars. Stations would compete with each other for the lowest price. I think the cheapest I ever saw was 12 cents a gallon. You could fill up a 21 gallon tank for $2.52. Prices could come down if people were smarter about their usage but with so many driving these gas guzzling suvs I don't see any relief in sight. Unfortunately all to soon we're going to have to become accustomed to paying well over $3.00 a gallon. It's just something we're going to have to plug into our yearly budget and unfortunately we'll have to give up something to make up for the additional cost.

Welcome to the new century, frankly I miss the old one.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:44 PM

what kind of time frame are we talking about for these predictions?

Old 04-08-2008, 06:28 AM
Banned

what kind of time frame are we talking about for these predictions?
Talk about having my head up my ***.

I forgot a time frame.
I forgot about this thread.

Predictions end at the end of tis month. $10 Starbucks gift Cert.
Prices currently at about $2.78 before taxes on the NYMEX.

Gas prices will be compared to those at the end of November 2008.

Sorry about the brainfart.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ours has been up tp $149.9 a litre (local), but a $1.60 elsewhere, so we have hit the $6 gal mark. (& thats since my last post here)
They are saying we should expect to paying $2 a litre real soon ($7.5 gal).
Their selling Diesels & Prius's like hot cakes, our car dealers can't give the 6 cylinders away (& are actually going to stop production of the "Family" car & V8's are a novelty item. Electric scooters have become popular, as well a push bikes. Don't know wots going to happen, cept the poor walk I guess.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:30 AM

HAHAHA this thread is great.. this is what i do for a living.. buy and sell natural gas/oil.. lol..

As for me.. i dont care what happens to the price.. just becomes more lucrative for me.. i suggest the rest of you put yourselves in a position to take advantage of this as well....

People who buy stock in anything besides oil and gas companies and thier counterparts blows my mind.. whats the only thing thats continued to grow over the last 10yrs? Nothing is growing at the rate of O&G co's.

so as we speak.. the PPB is $109.23 compared to the $97 when this thread started..

hmmmmmm.... anyone see a trend? BTW.. the only reason the USD is worth anything is because its the only currency that oil can be traded in.

NOT FOR LONG.. with the decline in our dollar, not to mention our declining reputation across the world, there are already talks in OPEC to switch and start trading on the Euro. <---which leads to my next point.. my WHOLE savings acct. is in Euros. i will not watch my savings go to dirt when the Euro takes oil over.. <---and its going to happen.. and when it does this country is going to be paying $15 for a gallon of milk.. not because milk is expensive.. but because the usd is worth trash.

^^ take from it what you will ^^ but its what i do on a daily basis..

im not even going to speculate as to what the peak PPB will be<-----price per barrel.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:20 AM

Okie, how long can gas be stored for in large amounts...well hundreds of gallons, not those huge bulk tanks the size of warehouses.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

Okie, how long can gas be stored for in large amounts...well hundreds of gallons, not those huge bulk tanks the size of warehouses.
??? you would have to consult someone who works at a refinery, or owns a gas station. I have no clue....

Quick Reply: Gas price prediction.