Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

? for the gamers

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? for the gamers

I've noticed a bit of talk in some of the threads about X-box360 vs PS-3. I had a 360 and was very happy with it. I'd like to hear your opinions about one versus the other.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by sparkman
I've noticed a bit of talk in some of the threads about X-box360 vs PS-3. I had a 360 and was very happy with it. I'd like to hear your opinions about one versus the other.
Can't comment on 360, but I can't complain at all about the PS3!

Old 11-10-2010, 10:04 PM

Haven't messed too much with ps3's but I had a psx and ps2 as well as an old Xbox prior to getting my 360. I like the game selection a little better on the 360 and definitely like the controller better.

The controller was my original complaint of the Xbox. I thought it was too big. But once I gave it a chance all the buttons seem better located and seem to work as expected.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:18 PM

I've never owned a ps3 but did have a ps2 and then made the jump to the 360 and I couldn't be happier.

I think the game selection is better and the online play I feel is much better as there are many more Live players.

I also love the way the menu is integrated and how almost anything can be accessed relatively easily either from the little menu or from the dashboard.

Btw, does ps3 have Netflix?

Old 11-10-2010, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by rocketsauce035
It's fairly new, but yes they do.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PS3: more powerful than 360, bluray dvd player, free online
360: more developer adoption, far better player matching / lobby system, paid online

Because 360 was out first, developers tend to program for it first. Many games on the PS3 are ports of 360 code and it shows. But games programmed for the PS3 natively, like God of War 3 and FF XIII, show what the system is capable of: murdering the 360 in graphics and performance. XBox Live murders the PS3 for player matchmaking and game lobbies because it is a unified system . Playstation Network basically doesn't provide any player matchmaking or lobbies, leaving it up to the developer to create any matchmaking. Which can lead to some very chitty online gaming. Bluray won the war over HD DVD and the PS3 has one built in.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by rocketsauce035
I've never owned a ps3 but did have a ps2 and then made the jump to the 360 and I couldn't be happier.

I think the game selection is better and the online play I feel is much better as there are many more Live players.

I also love the way the menu is integrated and how almost anything can be accessed relatively easily either from the little menu or from the dashboard.

xbox live is the real deal...compared to ps3 online, xbox live has twice the amount of players on any given day. so if online is important you cannot go wrong with the 360. have fun!

btw PC is where its at!

Old 11-11-2010, 01:47 AM

yeah im all about xbox live, I started using it a month or two after it came out with the first ghost recon like 7-8 years ago. Ive tried giving playstation online a chance but its just got nothing on xbox live. I doubt id be able to play or buy games without being able to play them on xbox live.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:11 AM

I remember back in the day before online gaming buying games for their campaign and replay value. Not anymore. My brother and I now buy games mainly for their multiplayer. I bought Halo Reach the day it came out and have yet to play all the way through the campaign.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:28 AM

There are a few good games that sadly don't have an online feature like the saboteur that rock! And there are games that mainly relied on the online feature that died when they unplugged the server like chrome hounds

Quick Reply: ? for the gamers