Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

**** planning group rides/activities!!!

Old 07-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default **** planning group rides/activities!!!

so here in Southern MD, its like pulling teeth to get any of the area riders to yank the cobwebs from their bikes and blow the dust off. well i finally started a bikenight at the local Chipotle, spoke w/ the managers and they said it was fine aslong as everyone acted mature and didnt raise hell, basically.

so i tried the 1st one last monday and had maybe 5 bikes (rain was in the forecast), but today......TODAY we had over 15 bikes show up! its cool b/c the Chipotle is on the side of a major road/intersection were alot of bikes who hadnt hear about it....rolled on in and now know. well all was well, i was meeting new riders, i was checking out local bikes, eating some good food..........i was smiling, I ORGANIZED this! felt good to see everyone just walking around talking and sharing stories w/ people they'd just met.....sharing their passion for riding.

then............THEN, we go to leave to go on a group ride. i clearly stated in txts and messages it would be a CHILL group ride after the meet. well 1st off, one person would gun their motor and it became a chain reaction of retards w/ throttle happy wrists. families outside eating didnt really care to hear 15+ bikes sounding off like ********........while just 10mins earlier their children were taking pics of all the bikes together . i told my friend the 1st one to do a burnout and screw this up for everyone is going to **** me the hell off! luckily no one did, but i was expecting it from the crowd that showed and how they started acting.

aaaaaaaaaaaand then comes the ride.....

i rode w/ them for maybe 4 miles, MAYBE. then made a U-turn. it seemed like a "my dick's bigger" contest and all of them began racing down 3 lanes of road in and out of traffic, acting like ********. it turned into a race, when all i wanted was a nice chill group ride of 15+ bikes, rolling together!

i dont know why i even bother trying to put together things like this. it seems to attract **** in the county.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: **** planning group rides/activities!!!

Welcome to the joy of group rides, don't pull the pin on it yet, next time you try to organise one, set out the rules & maybe just a few of you to start with. And at least you know which one those dick heads won't be coming on the next ride. Group rides should be fun, not a pain in the ****.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:38 PM

man it seems like everyone i meet in the county rides like that....besides the small group i trust.

this is going to be a bikenight that i try to do EVERY single monday at Chipotle. my g/f wasnt able to make it to this one, but if the next one is anything like this i will refuse to have her riding around people like that, i'll go to the bikenight that i created, then i'll ride home w/ my g/f.........**** riding around like its a race.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:49 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stuff like that will happen in any group situation. If you have to be assertive. Step up and tell people how it's gonna be. People who don't like it will stop showing up. They're not worth being there anyway. If you don't do something about it, things won't get any better.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:58 PM

That is how 90% of Ny riders are too..

me and the 3-4 people i ride with will go up to the bike meet spots...hang out , BS then leave on our own to ride somewhere other then the calamri Crew

Old 07-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good to hear that you fixed the bike. Where about did you meet up, I was trying to think of a Chipoodle out that direction. Let me know when you are looking to get out and about... I've been looking for someone to ride with out here. I've almost got the bike up and running... been working on getting it up and running. PM when you might cruise around the area.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:37 AM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

...**** riding around like its a race.

Yeah, if only there was a way to identify true sport motorcyclists from thrill-seeking dill holes...like a national secret code sticker somewhere on your bike or your helmet, that you can only get after meeting with a Federal Agent of Motorcycle Sport Enthusiasm and Integrity.

But that will never happen...

Don't give up hope though Jay, there's lots of us out there that know how you feel. Some go to the track...some go on rides like the Ride For Kids (kick ***, BTW)...and some just go short distance touring with a couple or three pals (the ultimate, BTW). You're still on your first bike yo, you still have plenty of time to roll how you want.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:59 AM

well i dont mind blasting around, i'll be guilty of doing short bursts of definately illegal speeds.....................but im not going to carry that speed for miles and miles w/ a group of people that cant group ride SAFELY to save their own *** and w/o any gear (i was geared up, 80% of who showed wasnt). i just found it funny that if we would have turned off onto a side road, i probably would have crushed the majority of them.......but, i guess it takes skill to go in a straight line at triple digits w/ your g/f on the back in short shorts, tanktop, and NO gear

Old 07-08-2008, 04:03 AM

ORIGINAL: marc0011

Good to hear that you fixed the bike. Where about did you meet up, I was trying to think of a Chipoodle out that direction. Let me know when you are looking to get out and about... I've been looking for someone to ride with out here. I've almost got the bike up and running... been working on getting it up and running. PM when you might cruise around the area.
haha, literally....i ride EVERY single day...eeeeeevery day. so just shoot me a PM when YOU want to go out cruising or hitting some twisties. i know some good roads around here. if you want to come down and chill at the next bikenight i can give you directions to the Chipotle.

hopefully i'll get to meet up w/ ya!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Banned

Dude, I've been there and apparently I'm even the ******* in one particular group that I've ridden in...but it's a pain organizing big rides. There's a group of about 15 I rode with last month that was so out of line on the highway that I just took an exit and left them. I don't ride the speed limit even in my car, but I keep it reasonable.

That's why I prefer to be alone most of the time though. You don't have to worry about the wildcards speeding ahead or the the grannies trailing behind. There's a few people I'm pretty comfortable with, but I tend to stray away from strange groups.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **** planning group rides/activities!!!