Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

FU<K dump trucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FU<K dump trucks

Similar situation happened to me one time when i was riding in my buddies SUV. An oncoming pick-up tuck, 4 lanes oner, lost the bed liner to his truck. The thing Cartwheeled all the way over all 4 lanes, including the guardrails, and smashed into the side of the SUV. Smashed out a window, sending glass everywhere. It was like the movie Twister.

Ok so it wasn't exactly the same situation, but similar.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:52 AM

I think I got you all beat.

Last year I was riding to class at about 10 in the morning. Near the end of my block, someone was moving out of their house. The moving van backed up the driveway to get close to the garage, and in doing so bumped into the telephone wire that goes into the junction box or whatever at the house. The wire got ripped out of the box and was left suspended across the road from the telephone pole on the other side. I'm a pretty observant rider, and when I went riding past the house, i saw nothing out of place. No people were visible, no furniture in the lawn, nothing. RIGHT before I hit the wire I see it, and then it's across my neck! I get on the brakes, but I'm doing about 30 and kind of freaking out a little bit. The end of the wire was free, so it slid across my neck for a few feet before wrapping itself around the tire of the moving truck. That's when it stopped sliding and pulled me off the back of the bike. I thought I was dead for sure, but it just left me with a big scab and an $800 check from the moving company to fix my bike. The movers said they knew they had knocked down the wire, and that one of them was looking for some cardboard to make a warning sign or something.

Anyway, right before i got pulled off the bike, I was SURE I was dead. It was the wierdest feeling ever. So debris in the road sucks a big one.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:09 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You win Hands down.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: HurricaneForce

Last year I was riding to class at about 10 in the morning. Near the end of my block, someone was moving out of their house. The moving van backed up the driveway to get close to the garage, and in doing so bumped into the telephone wire that goes into the junction box or whatever at the house. The wire got ripped out of the box and was left suspended across the road from the telephone pole on the other side. I'm a pretty observant rider, and when I went riding past the house, i saw nothing out of place. No people were visible, no furniture in the lawn, nothing. RIGHT before I hit the wire I see it, and then it's across my neck! I get on the brakes, but I'm doing about 30 and kind of freaking out a little bit. The end of the wire was free, so it slid across my neck for a few feet before wrapping itself around the tire of the moving truck. That's when it stopped sliding and pulled me off the back of the bike. I thought I was dead for sure, but it just left me with a big scab and an $800 check from the moving company to fix my bike. The movers said they knew they had knocked down the wire, and that one of them was looking for some cardboard to make a warning sign or something.

Anyway, right before i got pulled off the bike, I was SURE I was dead. It was the wierdest feeling ever. So debris in the road sucks a big one.
ok you win but what you want a medal or something

Old 03-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HurricaneForce

I would have s**t my pants and made sure to say an extra set of prayers that night.