Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

FU<K dump trucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FU<K dump trucks

thast crazy old man! in my MSF they laid 2x4s out and made us drive over them for like 10 mins to get used to going over stuff.

although, 4x4 = totally different story.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rrasco

thast crazy old man! in my MSF they laid 2x4s out and made us drive over them for like 10 mins to get used to going over stuff.

although, 4x4 = totally different story.
Especially at 60 mph

Old 03-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Retired Moderator

I have not yet hit anything, either, but my friend Mike (rides a Fatboy) said he was crusing along at about 50-60 at dusk, and had a bat hit him in the chest. He said it was everything he could do to keep upright. There are some really great places to ride where I live, but I always get scared at dusk. I'mconvinced the deer are all waiting to run out from behind the trees just to kill my ***.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:13 PM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

A few years back, I was riding my Valkyrie (honda cruiser for those that don't know) and was in the center lane stuck behind an 18-wheeler.

I was just getting a clearing in one of the lanes to pass him when he kicked up a 4x4 board about 6 ft long. I had no chance to avoid it.It landed cross ways right it front of me and I just kind of gritted my teeth and held on. Went right over it, the front tire kicked it up into my frame and then I went over it with my rear tire. It really wasn't hard to keep it up since I hit it fairly square, but I was sure I was going to have some damage underneath. I pulled off, checked everything out the best I could and nothing was leaking. Finished my ride into work and checked her out when I got home and all I could find was a dented oil filter.

Oh yah.... I also had to change my boxers!
Your a tough ol boy right there. Heck, with that valkyrie, you should be able to drive over railroad ties or a small fiat and it suck it right up. LOL. Them there are the mac daddy of open class cruisers. Hahahaha. I bet if we hit it with our rockets, there'd a been an alternate ending. Hehehe.

One time (not at band camp), I hit a 12 foot high chain link fence, and rode it for 80 feet (kinda like one of them sprint cars on them dirt tracks). Does the fact that it was installed in the ground on the side of the road count as close enough? hahaha. Gosh, I'm glad the days of squidism are over. And, for the record I miss that bike, it was 1987 and I had a 1976 HONDA CB360 baby. Even funnier, was the fact that, that bike had the exhaust that ran under your right thigh and up along the rear fender. Just goes to show ya that HONDA was already thinking about high mount systems. hahahahahaha.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:43 PM

Never hit anything, but I got stuck behind a garbage truck for like 20min or so. Stunk like all hell.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:59 PM

I took a bird to the throat on time goin about 45. Lucky for wearin gear or i'd probably die from bird fluor somethin.

Another thing I hate are vehicles drivin around without clearing off the snow and ice so when they go down the freeway, giant sheets of ice go flyin everywhere. A buddy of mine had body damage from that, ends up the trucking company was not liable for it.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Retired Moderator

I was in my car (thank God), when an air conditioner fell off a semi truck. (I would have died on my bike)......I lost control and spun the car at 75 mph into the median. A witness got the licence plate number of the truck. Called the police, the company who owns the truck was fined (BIG fine) and I got a settlement (for the damages done to my car).

It's against the law for ANYTHING to fall of of ANY vehicle. If something does, get the licence plate number, call the police. I guarantee you, the Department of Highway Safety WILL do something about it.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:55 AM

I got hit in the neck with a bee and got stung. At first i though it was a rock, I saw it fly at me, no big deal, didnt really hurt that much. About 30sec later it started to burn like hell. Since I was about 4 block away from home, I just unzipped my coat, trying to get the bee out and continue riding. Well, i get home go look in the mirror and i had a stinger stuck in my neck.

When I was 17, I was riding a 250 on country dirty roads and I had the windshild up on my helmet, well with my luck a bee flew into it, i was not going fast so i just stopped, dropped the bike and threw the helmet to the ground, I did not get stung Those bees are out to get me.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:12 PM

does it count if a dog chases you then you stop at a light and it runs into you? down here in az we have dust devils that just suck to be in when your ridding and they come from nowhere , and boom ! your in one dust crap bags (white plastic ones from the store) all flying around your face. thank god i bought the wind stoper for my helemt hopefully i won't have to worry about it this year

Old 03-02-2007, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I was in my car (thank God), when an air conditioner fell off a semi truck. (I would have died on my bike)......I lost control and spun the car at 75 mph into the median. A witness got the licence plate number of the truck. Called the police, the company who owns the truck was fined (BIG fine) and I got a settlement (for the damages done to my car).

It's against the law for ANYTHING to fall of of ANY vehicle. If something does, get the licence plate number, call the police. I guarantee you, the Department of Highway Safety WILL do something about it.
doesnt work too well with ice though...had a lady call the station about a piece of ice falling off the top of a truck and cracked her windshield...nothing could be done

Quick Reply: FU<K dump trucks