Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ft. Myers FL members beware! Scammer!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ft. Myers FL members beware! Scammer!

Everybody steer clear of Chris Cummings Salvage, 1306 Bradford Road, Ft. Myers Florida. He likes your money, but won't ship anything you buy. He's into me for $430 for a Ducati engine, won't return phone calls, emails, nothing. Forewarned is forarmed.

Jack

Old 03-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Default RE: Ft. Myers FL members beware! Scammer!

Easy. I trust you 51, so give us some details. Was this an ebay item bust, what happened. Tell us the story.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:03 PM
VP

430 bucks for a ducati engine sounds like a steal!

Old 03-16-2008, 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

430 bucks for a ducati engine sounds like a steal!
Werd. I would of thought that sounded a bit fishy to begin with.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:19 PM

Ducati engine was a 2v 750 to replace the blown one in my Monster. EBay auction with no reserve, I paid promptly, on February 17--no contact since from seller despite my repeated attempts to get anything from the guy...phone, email, you name it. Paypal decided in my favor but couldn't recover funds. Ebay has removed him from their membership for other no ship scams. Email addresses I have on him are cjones661@yahoo.com, and keltychris@comcast.net...he also has a partner, a Kelly Radford. He/they are a real business, registered in Ft Myers on public records with the chamber of commerce...they are no help either. You want more details, I've got a list of business and home address, phone number, business license number, etc...

Old 03-16-2008, 07:45 PM
RCR

I thought that was the whole purpos of Paypal to make sure it was a safe transaction? and why did e-bay let him list if he had other no ships?

I guess neither company (ebay,paypal) are going to help to recover your money.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:52 PM

Sorry to hear, man. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:35 PM

File with the BBB?

Old 03-16-2008, 10:39 PM
RCR

BBB realy does no good unless that company is registered (pays the BBB) with them, If your not a client of theirs they just add a comment about a complaint received and don't actually investigate it. But really how many of us check the BBB before buying from a company?

Old 03-16-2008, 11:19 PM

Complained to BBB, Ft. Myers Chamber of Commerce, and FBI Online Fraud Division--all were no help. Tried Ft. Myers PD, they told me to call FBI--I'll be trying them again with a bit more, umm, persuasion. Complained to PayPal, they sided with me but can't recover funds. Tried complaining to eBay, but since he is no longer a member the auction is no longer valid and they say they can do nothing. I have filed with my creditcard company to have the charge removed, I'm sure I'll eventually get it back, but what a ****ing hassle. Ialso have filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General, we'll see what happens there. I now will beputting his name out thereon every web forum I belong to, hoping no one elsegets taken. Also filing on websites like PissedConsumer & RipOffReport. Not worried about slander charges or anything of the sort, as I can back up every word I type with FACT--dates, times, transaction numbers, you got it. Now my only dilemma is this--doI post up his business address, home address, phone numbers, and all other informationon the really hardcore biker sites I belong to?Am I being vindictive or is it righteous outrage? (rhetorical question)

Quick Reply: Ft. Myers FL members beware! Scammer!