CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Fright night! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/fright-night-60973/)

Lrn2Go 02-28-2008 09:32 AM

RE: Fright night!

I don't agree with having to wear "non-girlie" colors or having to tuck your hair back... but people are D-bags sometimes. Who knows what his issue was. Maybe he wasn't trying to scare you, maybe just was trying to get you to race him. Any time I've had people come flying up on me and try to get beside me and all that, it's always been because they think they're hot sh*# and want to race. Don't let it shake ya up. Remember, the worst thing you can do when you get on a bike is be scared. You have to relax and be calm. There's too much out there that can happen if you're all tensed up and have alot on your mind.

When people have tailgated me real bad, I just chop the throttle and start slowing down. When you get down to like, 10 mph, just putting along, they'll go around. If you don't wanna do that, wave them around you.

Either way... don't let it keep in your mind and keep you shook up. It's okay. It was scary, but nothing bad did happen. Could have, but didn't. You're still okay and still safe. Let that stuff roll off you like water off a ducks back. It's the only way you can keep riding safe, calm, and aware.

crashkhanman 02-28-2008 09:34 AM

People really are just Naive when it comes to motorcycles. They really don't understand that its veryintimidating for a vehicle 10 times our size to ride up on us. Many watch movies, youtube videos, superbikes and see racers just walk away from their accidents. They don't understand how different road riding is vs. track.

Juliet 02-28-2008 12:35 PM

ok...I'm calmer now...I've just never been hassled like that before...I will admit I was in tears when I got home...

I think they must have some perception we're all just tough bikers in our leathers and not bothered by anything, fearless like some kind of terminator...there's a real person behind the visor with feelings, hopes and dreams...

Even though I'm in leathers I'm told I'm unmistakably a girlie on a bike so I didn't expect the hassle...hope it wasn't a stalker and just a one off idiot wanting a race but they just have no idea what they make you feel like...sort of a sitting duck

Jules x

Kikepiz 02-28-2008 07:19 PM

Just be carefull, you never know who is that guy.

RCR 02-29-2008 12:04 AM

SOmeone would of been missing a mirror if it were me. I would of twisted the throttle pulled over on a side street let him pass and I would of caught him shortly after taking off and the mirror would be mine (the roads really).

I was following this car load of kids (17-20?) and the kept looking back when it started raining (i thought) they had their wiper sprayers pointed up to spray over the car. I could see them laughing after it happend so after giving them the bird I lifted the left leg while going by the passenger side and thanked them properly for the bike washby removing their mirror for em.

You wanna play your going to pay. Some people need to learn the hard way.

Juliet 03-01-2008 03:09 AM

That's the trouble you just don't know who you're dealing with...what if they really are whack jobs and after you kick off their mirror they decide to run you down or shoot you or something...for me I'd always just try to get away and find somewhere well lit, try not to make them any angrier than they already seem to be...

goracer 04-11-2008 02:19 AM

Kicking someones mirror off for that is stupid.

Sounds like girls have one more thing to contend with. People are always asswipes. I always asume everyone is an idiot and doesnt know how to drive. I alway asume people will do stupid **** on purpose or cuase they are stupid. I keeps me from getting suprised and proactive which is better then reactive. I never stay next to a car. I always speed up or slow down. Why? cars will always turn without looking and without using their signal. DOn't expect them to pull over and call an ambulance either.

SO this guy could have wanted to steal your bike, was just egging you on do do a wheelie or a stunt show or wanted to race you. Being a girl there is one other thing you consider that us guys don't but that wasn't necessarily the case. Nex time turn your brights on and hold your horn untill you can pull in some place bright with lots of people. You could also use a freeway, get on then get off the next exit then get on the other direction then exit.

Stan_Laurel 10-22-2008 09:24 AM

Old post but I'm new. :). Could have been anything. There is only one way to ever know, and that isbe inside their head. As we can't do this. Some people think they can, but probablytake short breaks, with all the other people who claim to be jesus. Best advice is to do as others have said. Go to a busy petrol station, they tend to have security cameras. Call the police if they follow or hang around. Failing that, and if you are confident you can pull it off, wind it on and watch them fade in the mirror. Sad as it is. Almost every women I know, has had some sort of x-file to creep shoe incident with men. It is with this in mind Itried to teach mydaughter how todo a bit of mixed martial arts. She is such a lazy ass though. One thing she remembers though. Always carry a good pen. Fountain pen is best. Therefore, as a last resort, a pen in the face oreye should see most people off. It's also hard to say, "you went out armed with a pen with the intent to hurt someone". Lets face it. If some fool goes over that line, you need something to help you get a head start or free. Ah, the rambling of an over protective husband and dad......:eek: