Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fright night!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 02:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fright night!

I had a scare last night going for petrol on my bike, this BMW driver latched onto me and wouldn't let me go, he kept matching my speed all the time and pulling back then zooming up fast behind me...I mean he could have passed anytime he wanted but he didn't?...I got to the garage and pulled in right by reception so I could run inside...he pulled up on the other side of the road, watched me take off my helmet and then wheelspan away.

I don't know if he knew I was a girl before I took off my helmet or not, or was it because I was a girl I don't know...it was later that I felt shook up...started to tremble, it felt like he was really going to run me off the road. I've never been frightened on my bike before...I felt so vulnerable and alone...

Why did he do this...I never did anything to him...I didn't cut him up or pass him...

I never got his registration...was too...pre-occupied.

Jules (still upset)

Old 02-28-2008, 03:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fright night!

Hmm, shoulda pwned him by rolling on the throttle for a bit. But seriously that sux, people are weird these days

Old 02-28-2008, 03:26 AM

what a total whack job. It's moments like these that scare you the most. it's good that your okay. Next time use back alleys and side streets to evade idiots like that. Don't speed as you might kave an accident or you might get the cops onto you tail. i have had the same problem a while ago. i used several streets and alleys until i lost him only then di I go straight home.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:30 AM

Most likely he want to see you roll hard on the throttle or bring the front up.Andi'm going with, that healready knew you were a girl.You did the right thing by remaining calm and keeping a safe pace. Instead of going to your home next time, maybe pull into a well lit gas station that has a good number of people and go inside. If he follows or waits for you outside, call the cops.

And as for using back alleys or side streets, i'm going to disagree. God forbid something happens where the bike breaks down or you have an accident w/ him behind you(no one to see or witness this).

Old 02-28-2008, 06:41 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I was really very scared...I "felt" he was hostile and may even have tried to run me off the road or something, he was being very intimidating and really roaring up fast behind, he was about to come along side at one point but traffic stopped him...I would never go home first and always go for the brightly lit areas, there was only a girl serving at the garage too but thankfully he left anyway...I'm sure my long hair would have given it away I was a girl...

why though? ...I mean when you drive at a biker like that you are threatening their life...it's so not right, is life that cheap to these people...do they think it's all just a playstation?

Jules

Old 02-28-2008, 07:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Juliet

I was really very scared...I "felt" he was hostile and may even have tried to run me off the road or something, he was being very intimidating and really roaring up fast behind, he was about to come along side at one point but traffic stopped him...I would never go home first and always go for the brightly lit areas, there was only a girl serving at the garage too but thankfully he left anyway...I'm sure my long hair would have given it away I was a girl...

why though? ...I mean when you drive at a biker like that you are threatening their life...it's so not right, is life that cheap to these people...do they think it's all just a playstation?

Jules

He was stalking you. You need to keep your hair tucket away, and if you're riding in some girlie gear, it needs to go or change colors. You should also carry pepper spray, if allowed, at all times. My fiance carries pepper spray and I'm going to make her take a concealed weapons class with me. I know you Brits aren't allowed guns anymore, but that would surely have been a good situation to have one. Not so much to shoot anyone, but it's a great deterrent. You also should have taken yourself to the nearest, are they bobby's over there?, police station while he was following. I know it's not fun, but this crap happens more than is necessary. Maybe you need to find a good guy who'll ride with you.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:04 AM

Glad your ok. What a D-bag that guys was. Some people like to mess with bikes-not sure why, but they do. Me and a buddy had some kids in an SUV cut us off and they intended to. If my buddy was bigger and there was not 4 of them in the truck I would have pulled in there and beat them with my helmet. I am not a fighter, but when someone risks my life like that I will beat ***.

I'm not sure why the guy was doing that to you-maybe he wanted to see if a female could ride fast and hard? Maybe he's a wack job and was going to try something?

To me the alley thing is not a good idea-too many thing can happen and there might not be anyone around to help. Never every go home when someone is following you like that.

It's a shame that we can not just have fun and live life without people messing with us. Calm down and keep and eye open for this D-bag.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:21 AM

[/quote]
...know you Brits aren't allowed guns anymore, but that would surely have been a good situation to have one. Not so much to shoot anyone, but it's a great deterrent....[/quote]

Maybe think about carrying some ball bearings, only for dire moments.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:12 AM

Whata wierdo..

Old 02-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks. I don't think you should have to conceal what you are. People are just a$$es and really don't know what they are putting others through. I would surmise that this generally occurs with the more immature group. Either younger people who are only having fun or those that just never grew up. Unfortunately the only person that knows what they are thinking is him (I doubt it was her...I know stereotyping). My neighbor, a teacher, says that men usually aren't fully developed mentally until they hit 28. I have to tell you, we just do stupid stuff. I'm fairly sure every guy on here can recount something they did that was completely idiotic between the age of 21 and 28. It's no excuse and I'm not saying that you shouldn't protect yourself, because you should.

I think you would be better off having a helmet mounted bluetooth to your cell so you can call the police when crap like this occurs. Anything else may put you more at risk than you already are. Stopping at the gas station was good.

My ex-wife was coming home from the store night in her truck, and she notice this nutcase following really close to her. So she sped up a little and the guy matched speed. So then she drove off to town, and the guy was matching every move. She tried speeding, hoping to at least catch the eye of a cop. She finally relented and called 911. The dispatcher arranged for her to drive back to the McDonald's near the store she start off at. She pulled into a parking spot and the guy stopped right behind her. When the police showed up, he started driving off, but they pulled him over. The ex was in tears. The police ripped into the guy for what he did. Apparently, the guy's sister told him that a guy in a truck was either following her or tried running her off the road or something like that. So he went out and saw my ex's truck and assumed it was the same person.

I'm sorry you had to go through this.

Quick Reply: Fright night!