Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Frigging ba$tard employer -rant-

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frigging ba$tard employer -rant-

Every quarter for the last 2 or 3 years my employer has announced record earnings yet somehow they come up with some excuse as to why the bonuses they give us for performance shouldn't be at 100% or better. In Q4 they handed us this garbage about management fees cutting into the profits. Now, even though they just announced record earnings again I've been told not to expect anything extra in the mailbox today.

Some people say that unions are no longer needed and that they do more harm than good, but when you are a low level salaried employee the unions still look very attractive since they have the bargaining power to keep the higher ups honest with what they do with some of the profits. At one point I was eligible for a total yearly bonus of ~70% based on numbers. Granted, those numbers had to be stellar, but the firat year I was with the company we got near that number. Since then we've been bought out and now the max bonus potential for salaried employees like me has been scaled back to 10%. (yet they had the nerve to tell us in face to face meetingsthat payouts would average about the same. yea right)

Oh well, sorry to rant like this, but when your pay gets cut basically by about 30%+ from 3 years ago you tend to get pissed, especially since the local economy is bad enough that you can't really move up anywhere else.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Default RE: Frigging ba$tard employer -rant-

My company is the same way. They say how good profits are, but do we see a cost of living raise? NO! gas prices keep getting higher and yet we still have to be here every day for the same pay. The president of the CO tells us about his golf trip and how awesome it was while I can afford to get my truck out of storage to drive it due to fuel cost and insurance.

All we can do is bend over and take it or find a differant job and hope they pay better. I have come to realixe that most companys are the same-thye are looking out for them and try to keep you around on as little as possible.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:01 AM

The rich get richer. And the poor get poorer.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:11 AM

Well, I'm wondering how long it will take the IRS to up the mileage allowance. They upped it to $.50 or so at the beginning of the year, but it should be almost $.10 more now.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:13 AM

^^^ Yeap...

Old 05-14-2008, 12:09 PM

Profit share is the biggest con going! I have worked for numerous companies using this ploy and every single one of them screwed the employees to the wall every single year. Regardless of the profits, there is ALWAYS going to be something that they can write off against profits. The last time that happened to me was the last time, if you follow. All the crew went ***** to the wall for the entire quarter, record profits were made that year. Then the boss called us all together and announced that he was writing off 10 YEARS depreciation on a new piece of equipment therefore there was no longer any profit to share. After that, he couldn't get us to work overtime at the point of a gun. I hope the bastard went belly up! Tell 'em to stuff their bloody profit share and demand a decent living wage! Oh, yeah, I forgot...the unions have all been emasculated thanks to the powers that be, so basically, we're all screwed.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:22 PM

Well, it's official and I'm even more pissed now. They start out by announcing the record profits (20% better than last years record profits) and then later after lunch we get a memo from the office of the exec that heads the US division. It's always the same. Record company profits, but we had disappointing profit margins and market share, not to mention our delivery performance wasn't at target goals. Therefore, the profit sharing will be 0%[:@]

Just adds insult to injury because my recent raise wasn't even COLA even though a co-worker and I come up with cost saving measures AND impliment them and save the company more money each year. [:@]

I'd walk out right now if it wasn't raining. At least in an hour or two the rain will have cleared out for a few hours and I can feel better about riding home today with no ****ing money in my pockets. (and I was looking forward to a nice time at the strip club tomorrow)

Old 05-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Banned

The almighty dollar. That sucks man...

I know what you mean, too. Used to work for a custom cabinet shop and before we started doing some commercial work we had record profits every year, not much in raises, if any.

Then we started doing commercial work, Jillians, Xando Cosi, Olive Garden, Red Lobster. That **** was easy for us because we were custom cabinet builders and we were good. Once you've been building custom cabinets for a few years, commercial jobs are pud. Long story short we produced faster than any other client before us and our work never got sent back...

Still no raises after 2 years of that, and that's some serious money for a small family-owned cabinet shop ($20M+ yearly). That's when I quit and went to the academy.

One of these days I need to find a way to stick it to the man... I'm going off the grid (okay I've been saying that for a while but I mean it this time).

Old 05-22-2008, 01:31 PM

yea,thats like the owner where i work crying poverty,but he can damn sure pay his country club membership and buy new mercedes-benz cars.*******

Old 05-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

The rich get richer. And the poor get poorer.

Thats it right there

Quick Reply: Frigging ba$tard employer -rant-