Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Friday was terrible, doubt today will be better...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friday was terrible, doubt today will be better...

So... yeah. My girlfriend of over a year decided that shes not sure she feels the same way about me she used to, and shes not sure she still loves me. Honestly, Im thinking me moving 50 miles away (college) is just confusing her; she says shes felt like it for the last few weeks (Ive been at college for a month, so it fits). But she seemed really, really upset about the whole thing, which kind of makes me think shes not sure she really wants to end the relationship. She did it over the phone while I was driving home; we talked for a half hour, and quite literally half that time was spent with me listening to her crying (it was bad enough that she literally couldnt talk and she was hyperventilating) until she could calm down enough to get another word out. Ive talked to a few of her friends and they were honestly surprised about it; they didnt find out until after it happened, which strikes me as a bit odd (furthuring my idea that she wasnt sure she wanted to do it. If she was, shed have told her friends, right? Because Im talking about her best friends that she literally tells everything)

So... what now? Im thinking of giving her a call on monday to see how everythings going. I figure if she seems mildly interested in gettign back together, Ill go from there, but if she just wants to be friends, then f**k her. I already know the "just friends" thing makes you hate the person eventually; Ive been through it before.

Any advice?

Old 11-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Default RE: Friday was terrible, doubt today will be better...

Sorry to hear that man, i havent got any advice for ya but just wanted to say sorry.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:59 AM

Young love is bull****. You'll be fine, just walk. If she's right for you, maybe you will cross paths farther down the road. College is a tough time for relationships. I feel like it's better not to commit during these years.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:01 AM

thanks...

whats really frustrating is i honestly dont think shes sure she wanted to do it. if youd have heard her on the phone, youd probably agree with me. I didnt really get much sleep (kind of expected), so i had plenty of time to think; there were no warning signs. She didnt tell her friends. Her friends didnt cover for her; one of her best friends happens to have been friends with me for 5 or 6 years now, thats 3 or 4 years longer than shes known my ex, so I dont think shed lie to me about something like this. Her sister didnt even know it happened. I mean, it just seems like its all pointing at her uncertainty; she even admitted she wasnt sure what to do. Its just really messed up; I mean, do you really end a 14 month relationship thats going well because you arent sure? Maybe its just me, but Id wait to be 100% sure before I mess up a relationship. I mean, even if we get back together, I dont know I can still trust her completely after this, and even if I manage to completely forgive and forget, its going to take quite a while.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:17 AM

thats a tough one man, i would call her though, because its obvious she cares for you. but if you talk to her and she's more sure of herself, then move on...

Old 11-01-2008, 10:24 AM

yeah, like I said... my older sister and I had an hour long discussion about it last night, and we both agreed mondays best; earlier and I risk pushing her away completely by suffocating her, and later than monday and it might look like i dont care. Im just really hoping monday goes well; I really dont want to say good-bye.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:38 AM

good luck with this...

Old 11-01-2008, 10:50 AM

thanks

I dont know, Im thinking about calling her tomorrow night now. Would you guys wait until Monday night or call Sunday night? If I call monday, itll have to be after 9:00, so Im not sure. What would you guys do?

*edit: holy s**t, how do I have almost 600 posts? lol

Old 11-01-2008, 11:03 AM
RCR

Dude your only 50 miles away. Go see her now. What makes you think that on Monday at 8:12 am is the fix all of all. I was using the exact time to show there is no set time that is going to make her forget about all her problems and live happily ever after with you.

Are you sure no one else is in the picture? That may be toying with her emotions.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:07 AM

Im positive no one else is involved. I asked her that specifically, and from her reaction, I believe her. And Ive talked to a few of her friends who would honestly tell me, and they said that nobody else was involved.

And Id love to go see her right now, but Im worried that might push her away... I chose tomorrow or monday to call her because that way im giving her a bit of space

Quick Reply: Friday was terrible, doubt today will be better...