Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

freeways

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: freeways

the freeways are safer than the city streets to me

Old 03-21-2007, 06:28 AM

its not a freeway like it is in, say la, it's more of an interstate in a rural area. not without it's hazards, mind you. but i have started to get smarter about wearing more gear.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Mstngdrew232

You actualy have less to pay attention to on the freeway IMO. You dont have the side roads and hidden streets on the freeway. Other than the semi's i feel alot safer on the superslab rather than the freeway.
are you kidding? drew you have to be more concentrated on the expressway than anything. Have you been on one yet? You have to pay more attention to any rock, pebble, pothole, car, truck, ******* and wind gust out there. Reason I say that? If your on a local street and your doing 30mph there is that forgiveness and chance of swerving around something and the chance to possibly live if you hit something. Take a bike above 65mph and now you have to learn to tuck in, its a different view different feel for control of the bike. You learn alot about aerodynamics on the expressway. One split second there and there is no recovering before your airborne.Be careful out there

Old 03-23-2007, 03:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Silentalero

You actualy have less to pay attention to on the freeway IMO. You dont have the side roads and hidden streets on the freeway. Other than the semi's i feel alot safer on the superslab rather than the freeway.
are you kidding? drew you have to be more concentrated on the expressway than anything. Have you been on one yet? You have to pay more attention to any rock, pebble, pothole, car, truck, ******* and wind gust out there. Reason I say that? If your on a local street and your doing 30mph there is that forgiveness and chance of swerving around something and the chance to possibly live if you hit something. Take a bike above 65mph and now you have to learn to tuck in, its a different view different feel for control of the bike. You learn alot about aerodynamics on the expressway. One split second there and there is no recovering before your airborne.Be careful out there
I'm not saying you have to pay less attention, i'm saying you have less to pay attention too. Reread what i said...

Old 03-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not saying you have to pay less attention, i'm saying you have less to pay attention too. Reread what i said...

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 02:29 PM

/\ ? ok thisopinion coming from a kid who has a whopping 250 whole miles on the expressway, and on top of that he lives in the boonies where there isnt traffic on or off the expressway. Come to chicago to ride and then tell me that going on the expressway is less to pay attention to.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:51 PM

the only thing i just dont like are th big trucks... looking at them swaying back and forth is a bit sketchy sometimes... i just speed up and pass them.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:56 PM

/\ ? ok thisopinion coming from a kid who has a whopping 250 whole miles on the expressway, and on top of that he lives in the boonies where there isnt traffic on or off the expressway. Come to chicago to ride and then tell me that going on the expressway is less to pay attention to.
Sure, I only have 250 miles on a bike on the freeway, but i have at least 10k in cagers over only 2 years. Boonies? Davenport is only 30 minutes away, it has one of the top 10 muder rates in Iowa. Yeah, cagers aren't as bad, but its still experience on the freeway. Unless you're out durring rush hour where there's lots of traffic, or there's lots semis around for some reason, you have less to focus your attention on. If nobody is out on the freeway after like 9-10, you can let some of your guard down because no one is going to magically apear out of nowhere like they will on the city streets or the highway. Nowhere in my post did i say, you should pay less attention while on the freeway. And nowhere did i give him bad advice. On the freeway the roads are usually straighter, less hazards than on the highway. You can also see father on the freeway on a clear day because the curves are usualy banked longer and there is little to obstruct your view. You overexagerate the hazards on the freeway, yeah, somtimes it can be bad, but i like them. Also I said, IMO, so there's nothing to argue. I'm sure the guy who was asking the question can think enough for himself to know that its stupid to not pay attention on the freeway. Stop trying to trump the 18 year olds, we're not idiots, and we arent helpless [sm=sigh.gif].

Old 03-23-2007, 04:12 PM

so over here in LA, theres traffic 2 in the morning sometimes, n road is filled with idiot drivers, on freeways i've actually had people trying pass me, and im going 90+ already. Also we get lane changers that dont use signals, people that tail gate, random brakers that slam on thier brakes on a straight for no reason, people who jump in and out of carpool lanes that are separated by double yellow lines, no one has patience here, i've heard of cars trying to block bikes in rushhour traffic because they cant stand having people pass them while they wait. We got mexican women driving with no license or insurance (no offense to anyone here but this really happens) almost everyone in a car is on a cell phone. No one pays attention to the road, i've seen people reading while driving, looking at maps, on the phone, drawing, doing make up, hitting a bong (a full sized bong). Not to mention the roads are crap.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:26 PM

ORIGINAL: c0ldf1ame
Not to mention the roads are crap.
+1 to that. They need to redo most of the freeways there.