Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

"Freedom Fighters"

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Freedom Fighters"

ORIGINAL: Yoshif4i

You can’t support the troops and not the war. Not supporting the war is saying that the troops are being injured or dieing for nothing. If asked, the majority of soldiers agree that they are doing good. They are liberators and protectors, not conquers. I’ve heard that George W. is a mass murder. He hasn’t killed anyone, the soldiers are the ones who do the killing and most of them have rules of engagement that prohibit them from initiating attacks. We are one of the few countries who go outside its borders to protect itself. With that said, wars are also fought for natural resources. The soldiers are not only protecting American lives but American lifestyles.
do you read the stuff before you hit the lil "OK" button, or do you just type what ever you feel like typing and hope it works for the best? And i honestly havent heard to many soldiers saying that they like being over there fighting for the Iraqi's freedom, in fact ive heard quite the opposite. They dont wanna be over there, but they are honorable enough to be there when others wont. And "protecting American lifestyles" is bs...my facking "lifestyle" has gone to almost ****e since the damn war has started. The governmentwill be protecting our "lifestyle" when the government actually tells the camel jockies over there to take it up the ars cause we are taking their oil...which, i might add, in times before ours, would have been our god given right being that it is a natural resource and that goes along with the spoils of war. Congrats, i honestly believe now that you must still be in high school or something like that to have such a whacked ars opinion.

now that all being said, anybody know how much it is to get certified for SCUBA?

Old 01-30-2008, 04:31 PM

I have several friends in the armed forces and they all signed knowing where they were headed.

Insulting me doesnt make my point any less valid.

I just got SCUBA cert. in Key Largo, cost about $250.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Banned

anybody know how much it is to get certified for SCUBA?
Under $250.

edit: didn't see the post above. What you may want to do is do the classwork at home then at a vacation spot do the checkout dives. Where are you and where do you want to go?

Old 01-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Retired Moderator

I thought we went to Iraq as an indirect route to Iran... I think who is a hero absolutely depends on the side of the war you are on. I think Vlaad the Impailer was even considered a hero by his country, but what he did was pretty shocking and cruel.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

ORIGINAL: rvizzle

So you don't support the war...
Who really does at this point? Of course we all support our troops, but that does not mean everyone supports the cause.

A FUQIN RIGHT!!

Old 01-30-2008, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Yoshif4i

You can’t support the troops and not the war. Not supporting the war is saying that the troops are being injured or dieing for nothing. If asked, the majority of soldiers agree that they are doing good. They are liberators and protectors, not conquers. I’ve heard that George W. is a mass murder. He hasn’t killed anyone, the soldiers are the ones who do the killing and most of them have rules of engagement that prohibit them from initiating attacks. We are one of the few countries who go outside its borders to protect itself. With that said, wars are also fought for natural resources. The soldiers are not only protecting American lives but American lifestyles.
bullsh*t... i love our troops.. but i dont like the decisions thier leaders have made.. its not thier fault.. . its our fault for electing a dingbat president

Old 01-31-2008, 05:58 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

anybody know how much it is to get certified for SCUBA?
Under $250.

edit: didn't see the post above. What you may want to do is do the classwork at home then at a vacation spot do the checkout dives. Where are you and where do you want to go?
im in clearwater, dont really care where i go as long as its in the area really...just wanna get certified. almost got it when i was in hawaii but i had to go on a plane to another island like the next day after the course woulda finished and that sure as ****e wasnt gonna happen lol

Old 01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Friend and Hero ...

[size=2][size=3]
okay, we were asked to stay off of this type of subject. And remember I did not bring it up. I would like to say first, this is addressed to the individuals who consider me long-winded. You know who you are, if your attention spanned lasted long enough to spew out something onto the keyboard. Then you should take the time to read this . For the rest of you. Here is my Politically Correct Response.

[size=2]Myself and a lot of others have paid a heavy price for you to have the ability to speak your mind's and believe what you choose and would never deny you the right to do so. I have done two and half tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan which makes me more than a layman on the subject and do not want to turn this into a political debate But I damn well think I have paid my dues to speak on this subject. Just don't even know exactly where to start first I guess, I'll start with the misconception that we are fighting the Iraqi people themselves is the biggest lie of all. Two thirds of all the insurgents. We are battling are foreign fighters pour in across the border. The U.N. Back in 2005 done a independent study found that 70% of the body count of insurgents were found to be foreign nationals. Based on this fact alone they felt that it would be impossible for their security forces to stabilize the area. If you cannot locate this information I will be happy to locate the resolution number from the UN itself for you. Now, because we like throwing around scenarios. Here's one for you, let's say, late one night your door gets kick-in it is not the governing body of the country or its allies. But a bunch of thugs who say they're going to occupy your home. They wake your 14-year-old son up or daughter, tell them they're going to take this IED and planet or they're going to kill your entire family if you do not believe this is a common problem. I suggest you research what happened to this Marine and Special Forces Operators who was with him, USMC Sgt. Bocks Phillip and Army Spc Lancour Joe, they both lost their lives, in a armed engagement with militants after meeting with local village elders in Nuristan province on the best way to help secure their village read their hometown paper reports, not the national trash rags or Google the military transcript itself. It is available !!! If you believe this is an isolated incidents. You haven't researched the subject in which your talking about much at all . Okay, in 2004 we released 84 unconfirmed insurgents back to their country of origin from Guantánamo Bay because of outside pressure. By March of 2005 no less than 63 of these individuals were killed in combat operations inside Iraq. The rest of them probably have not been captured or have been dragged off to die someplace else. Remember, these 84 individuals were not Iraqi. Here's something else, do not fall victim to propaganda posted all over the Internet by fifth columnists and YES they are here among us and I do mean here in the United States. There are tons of them operating all over the world on sites like youtube and others. Whose entire job is to post bogus facts and trick the people of the United States into believing we are losing the war. And we are a group of fat, lazy weak people who are going to be crushed by the world itself. Would be happy to post a video of a fake IED event, where Americans were supposedly killed, Lcpl Martin found the video, and he was aware of the facts and posted them. Along with a few other things, and there has not been any activity on this video ever sense. Hillary Clinton in 2007, and this is a fact just research it went to Iraq early in the year for three days. CNN was to accompany her and report on the horrors of war. It was one of the lowest activity weeks ever. The entire story was squashed and nothing was really reported about the trip. But would be happy to provide anyone with a fe

Old 01-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Non-Politically Correct Response Warning If You Do Not Want to Be Offended, Don't Read This

ARE THER THOSE WHO WANT OUR HELP ?..( YES ) DO THEY WANT SOCIAL REFORM AND FREED ? (YES !) DO THEY WANT IT ON THE TERMS WERE PROVIDING IT ? .. ( PROBABLY NOT )
And It Should Be a Non-Issue Whether or Not We Should Have Deployed in the First Place. We Are There for the Right Reasons Are the Wrong Reasons We Are There ! The Real Issue Should Not Be When Where Getting out but How to Turn the Whole ****ING Thing into a Success Story like MacArthur Did with Japan or At Least an Acceptable Solution like South Korea We Should Not Let This Be Turned into Some Political Quagmire like Vietnam Was in the Late 60s and Early 70s We Should've At Least Learned Something from That Mistake ****ING PERIOD. If you want to do something about the situation. I suggest you become proactively involved and get the **** out of the armchair and quit ****ING Armchair Quarterbacking The ****ING problem. Now Want You to Think about This, Saying We Support the Troops but Not the War Is like Saying. Man You Are Okay with Us, but That Wh*re You Married Has Got to Go. And God for Bid, You Have Any B@stard Children It's the Same Kind of Slap in the Face. Think ABout It! Now Don't Tell Me You'll Fight for Sh*Ts and Giggles What You're Trying to Say Is. I'm No Coward, but **** That Sh*T Because If the Latter Was True. You Have Your Happy @SS on a Bus Going through Someone's Basic. So You Could Go Get You Some it's just another way of saying. I'm lazy and don't want to get involved all the way. But don't question my manhood... Anyone Who Would Compare the Terrorists of Our Time to True Freedom Fighters of the II WW, Who Were Fighting. Some of the Worlds Worst Tyrants Ever Doesn't Have A ****ING Clue As to What in the Hell Is Going on. For Them, I Suggest Buying a Mother ****ING Plane Ticket and Visiting One of Saddam's Death Camp's/Torture Facilities. Oh Excuse Me, One of His Former Prisons and Talk to Some of the Women and Children and Ask Them If Their Lives Are Better or Worse. We Opened the Lid on Pandora's Box and Gave Them Hope of a Better Life to Walk Away with Out Finishing What We Started Is like Say It Wasn't Worth It. Or We Were Just ****ing around for a Minute. Or like Saying for Those Who Gave It All. It Was Just for Nothing. It's a God Damn, voluntary enlistment program if the men and women of this country's military have stepped into harms way to help others, who the **** are you to question that. Are there those who are unhappy with their current situation in military life. Hell yes I defy you to walk into any place in America or abroad and ask everyone. If they're happy with their current situation and see what the answer is. I suggest you sit on your hands and think about how many countless thousands have sacrificed for you and your family To Live in This Great Nation and try to wrap your mind around this there could possibly be things occurring that are beyond your comprehension and are for the greater good.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like Hardcorp's condition is improving.

Obviously the viewpoint of the public is driven by the media and of course the information that is filtered and contrived. As for the people that the military is actually fighting over there, I tend to forget, especially with what we tend to receive from our very biased media. It doesn't help when people already think that we went over there for the oil.

I certainly meant no disrespect to you (being you and all members of the military). The post was a cursory thought process and probably too generalized and maybe misapplied.

Anyway, I certainly hope your condition is improving and despite the content, it's good to see you back.

Quick Reply: "Freedom Fighters"