Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

freaking drunk drivers (long story sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default freaking drunk drivers (long story sorry)

so tonight im sitting @ home and my brother and his girl are over and we get that phone call... my dad says your mom was just in a car accident get over here now !

so lucky it isnt that far away and we get over there and hop out and run up on her and ask if she is ok. mostly just a hurt neck and hurt ribs but nothing broken. i looked right next to her and see another women wrapped in a blanket crying and shaking so my 1st instinct was to see if she was alrigh t(even though i thought she might have caused it). i take a look around the scene of the accident and there are 3 CHP officers, 4 Sheriffs and an ambulance.

i see the damage done to my parents lifted jeep then i look @ the other 2 vehicles involved and at this point i still dont know what happened. then i pull my dad away from the cops and find out....

apparently this ******* was in a left hand turn lane split the two other cars involved and hitting both of them, then took a turn almost killing a few kids comes head on at my mom who is parked in front of a family friends house waiting for my dad to come back out (she thankfully was in the passengers seat) and he slammed into her and took off !!!!!

well the other 2 cars see this happen and pull in and dozens (literally) of witnesses outside !
funny thing is that when he hit the jeep his front bumper came off with his licence plate attached! so the cops are taking statements and talking with everyone and that just doesnt sit well with my brother and i so we hop up in his truck and go looking for the bastard... oh yea i forgot to mention after he hit everyone he came driving back by and laughed and smiled and took off again !

so we go looking through the neighbor hood up and down every street and were about to give up when i notice some coolant trail. now this is fresh and alot ! and it leads right into someones garage (and this is maybe 1-2 blocks from where the accident took place) so we do the right thing and go back and tell the cops to follow us and we take them to this persons front door. they tell us to leave and about 10 minutes later they come back and say no it wasnt the right house[>:]

i had so wanted it to be but they said " it wasnt" . well at this point chp is wrapping it up and all 4 sheriffs SMASH out of there , then all but one chp leaves (who just happens to be a friend) and i ask him to call me if they find out anything i dont care what time it is.. and he tells me that the man actually called the police and reported it and was ready to face the cops! so i thought that was awesome and tell everyone else.

we go to leave and go back home and my friend smashes out of there as well... at this point we all are very curious, so we follow the cops... sure enough right up the block within eye sight is the dumb *** mother ****er who hit my mom ! 5 cop cars surrounding him and so we pull up next to where they are and 2 officers approach us immediately and ask us to stay back for obvious reasons...(they all showed up cause they knew if we found him they would be back out for another reason) so basically after 20 minutes of him running his mouth digging a hole and lying out his *** they administer a dui test.... FAILED ! they wouldnt say how bad he failed but they said he was deffinetly drunk ! and then they hook him up (put him in cuffs) and load him into a squad car and have 2 of the officers on either side of the car (at this point there is a "group of people... about 7-10" standing no more then 50 feet away from this chicken **** dude who hit multipel cars while drunk and then ran away !

it was deffinetly a good thing the cops found him before we did, i also have to admit i did think about bringing my gun with me but i decided it could only cause more trouble so i left it at home but the thought did cross my mind.

anyways so the man was arrested and i believe amongst other charges DUI, Hit and

Old 04-11-2008, 02:26 AM
Default RE: freaking drunk drivers (long story sorry)

Holy$hit! ... wow! .. Amen she is ok Havoc. I'm glad for you. And I respect the power you had to restrain your true feelings for this guy. I don't know if I could have done the same.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, glad to hear your mom is doing fine! def. a scary phone call to get from your father.

my neighbors are drunk crackheads.....literally. i got home one day on the bike and as SOON as i got off and removed my helmet i could here arguing and bottles breaking. i hear a woman telling a man "no, you're too drunk" as i hear tires spinning through gravel. i look over and he's hauling *** out of the driveway. all i could think was.....had i been 2 mins later, i would have been sharing myroad w/ a drunk lunatic.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:36 AM

yeah man, all I can say is thank goodness that your mom is alright. It is truly unfortunate that people can't take responsibility for their actions and not drive after they have had too many drinks. That man deserves whatever he gets and I hope that he never gets his license back, I think the DUI laws should be stricter. My brother was out drunk on the road about 4 years ago and he crossed on coming traffic and landed into a large tree so hard that the front of the pontiac was touching the windsheild (and we all know how long pontiac fronts are)... he was totally fine, walked away without any scratches and amazingly did not harm anyone with his ridiculousness. My point is that he has his license back and I wish that he still didn't... oh well.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:44 AM

I've lost too many friends to drunk driving both from them being drunk and from getting hit by others who are drunk, I've never once drank and driven, and I never will. I've even gone so far as to tell my friends that if they are drinking, I'll pay for the cab, I don't care if they need to get from NYC to LA, I'll pay for the transportation 100%, never ask for it back. I don't care if I'm with them or not or if it's 3:25AM on a Tuesday, I'll pay.

none of my friends have ever taken me up on my offer, I guess it's just too inconvenient :-/

Havoc, I'm glad everybody is (relatively) ok - you certainly lucked out!

Old 04-11-2008, 07:49 AM

****in drunks... hope your mom is alright... this is why DUI should be mandatory jail time

Old 04-11-2008, 08:16 AM

ratemycop.com

Old 04-11-2008, 08:26 AM

WTF is SMASH???

Well, I can't say I've never driven when I wasn't supposed to, but if I ever heard or saw anyone really drunk get in the car and pull away I'd be calling the cops right away. With two kids of my own out there on the playground and on the sidewalks I can't afford to have some ahole frack things up.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a real HOT BUTTON issue for me. Driving / Riding is serious business. You have to have your head screwed on straight when you get behind the wheel period. UsingANY substance that can effect your brain and impact your consentration or skills is included. I have zero tolerance for this, no excuses. Lifetime loss of driving PRIVILEGES, MANDATORY JAIL TIME, AND TOTAL FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. The devastation andpain this can cause is so easily avoided and yet happens every day. Murder with your car because you are drunk or high is still murder.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:11 AM

Damn man glad your mom is ok. I never drink and driver-it's not worth it to me. I'm glad they got him so you did not beat the **** out of him and then get in trouble as well.

Quick Reply: freaking drunk drivers (long story sorry)