Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fraternity Brothers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fraternity Brothers?

Any fraternity people out there? I am debating between two but have no idea how to choose which one I want to join more. I have met with one, and the other one I have only been informed on through emailing. They both seem similar in values and I have no idea which to choose. (Beta Theta Pi vs Sigma Pi.... not that name matters)

Thanks

Old 02-10-2011, 09:40 PM

i have friends in them. It all depends who you like to hang out with more and what they have to offer. Many offer academic help and tutoring and can promise jobs after college. While more party orietated fraternities focus on chicks and beer, nothing wrong with that. Just rush and see which one offers you a bid, then have your pick.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:43 PM

Looks like thats what its gonna come down to, they both claim to "offer" the same things pretty much. I think Betas are a little more academic and stuff though, a lot of leadership programs and stuff which would be helpful. I dont know too much about Sigma Pi yet, hoping to meet up with them over the weekend, but through email they seem to offer the same stuff (Brotherhood, academic excellence, ect.. generic stuff)

Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 AM

Sigma Phi Epsilon Here. VDBL Brothers!

Joining Sig Ep is one of the greatest decisions I ever made. Met some of the greatest people in my life from the Fraternity. Not just in my own, but others as well. Have made lifelong friendships.

Its a great experience in learning how to participate in and at times lead an organization of your peers.

Good luck whomever you pick - different frats are different everywhere but pick the one at your campus that you think best fits your values and goals.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:35 AM

I am a Sigma Pi! Im from the St. Louis Chapter(Delta Zeta). Joining sigma pi has probably been the best decision i have made while in college. PM if you have any questions about the organization.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:28 PM

No offense to anyone but the Sigma Phi here is basically just a party 24/7

Old 02-12-2011, 03:31 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Choose the one with better parties. I lost more girlfriends to Frat guys then I care to post about. Let's just say the only real reason to join one is to bang 3 girls in 1 party in front of 20 people

Old 02-12-2011, 07:07 AM

I never got the whole "frat" thing. Maybe that's because I went straight from HS to real life. All I hear about them is that it just seems like a bunch of "br0's" high fiving eachother while they **** drunk *****. I could be wrong though, lol.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
Choose the one with better parties. I lost more girlfriends to Frat guys then I care to post about. Let's just say the only real reason to join one is to bang 3 girls in 1 party in front of 20 people
oh yeahhhh pal. The good ol' days.

Originally Posted by Ren19
I never got the whole "frat" thing. Maybe that's because I went straight from HS to real life. All I hear about them is that it just seems like a bunch of "br0's" high fiving eachother while they **** drunk *****. I could be wrong though, lol.
Well if you never saw it / witnessed it / expereinced it of course you don't understand the Fraternity thing. Besides from the bonds you build with the other guys in there, it is pretty much about high fiving and meeting drunk sorostititues and all too willing GDI's.
None of this is a bad thing.

Ugh I need to go back for gradschool hahahah

Old 02-12-2011, 08:23 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

man, why didnt i go to college. oh yeah, joined USMC. went to college town almost every weekend. the parties were sick. unfortunately we do age and just cant turn time back. at least we all have memories and those after us have some memories to make. have fun while youre young. but dont forget that what you do in will effect your life in the future.

Quick Reply: Fraternity Brothers?