Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Foxy 2 ALMOST stolen

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Foxy 2 ALMOST stolen

I was on my lunch break today, and decided that since I have a freaking hour (whereas I'm used to the crappy 30-minutes) I would eat some pizza and play a few games at a local Peter Piper Pizza. So I park my bike in the only spot left, and sat where I could see it.

About 5 minutes go by and I see a busted-up red truck pull up RIGHT behind it IN MY PARKING SPOT. I thought they were going to hit it at first. But it gets worse. They stop, and 3 sketchy looking guys climb out (all thugged out) and are staring at my bike, and then looking around (the classic look of being up to no good). So I IMMEDIATELY take a picture with my phone (which came out all blurred, damn s**ty Razr) and called 911. They were just about to grab it and someone walks by, so they act like they are just looking it it (backed into MY parking space with their tailgate down.) So now my heart is RACING, and the super-pissed off-rage is starting to build. I'm shaking with frustration and felt entirely helpless at the same time. I couldn't believe I was about to watch my bike be thrown into the back of truck............nope, that wasn't going to happen.

So I see them go up to it again, still on the phone with 911, two of the guys grab the handlebars, and one is about to grab the rear.........I snapped and ran out of the building (with just about everyone inside now knowing what is going on)

I ran out, holding my helmet in hand, ready to bash skulls in, screaming just about every profanity known to man to have them get the f**k away from my bike. They jump in their busted *** truck and take off. I got the licence plate number, and each one of their gangster-wannabe bastard faces are burned into my head. If I ever see them again........may God help them is all I have to say.

I filed a report with the Police, and I'm now EXTREMELY paranoid about my bike being stolen. This is the 2nd time someone has tried to steal my new bike (and I've only had her 4 months). The first time was at a mall, but I never saw it. Some stranger said a white van pulled up to it, and when he confronted them, they took off. Thank God for good Samaritans.

I'm thinking of getting a proximity alarm now. At my work I have to park across the street and can't watch her all the time.

I'm just.........I HATE THIEVES!!!!! I'm honestly shaking from frustration and rage right now wanting them to pay. I know that I should have let them throw it in the back of the truck.......then it WOULD have been Grand Theft Auto, but I didn't, so there's really nothing the Police can do, but I didn't want to see my bike busted up and having to deal with insurance AGAIN to get it fixed. AHHHHHHHHH!!!! It's so ENRAGING! [:@]

Old 05-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Default RE: Foxy 2 ALMOST stolen

DAyum, glad they didnt get er. Think I woulda worked out when I forst seen em all while dailing 911 on their tarded a$$es. Ya def get the alarm, I been thinking about one for my old pos lol

Old 05-12-2008, 07:22 PM

DAMMMNN!!
Good on you Foxy stopping them Bastards!!!
Just reading this got my heart pounding.
Put that bike on lockdown.
+1 on prox alarm, maybe even lojack.

**** THIEVES!!!!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a bunch of retards. Glad they didn't get your bike man.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:25 PM

Gotta love thugs...."F" em all!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Banned

Glad to see you still have your bike. It makes me sick knowing just how fast someone can take off with one of our bikes.

I have started carrying a cable lock around with me. If I have to I will lock it up to a light pole or I even have gone as far as to lock it up to one of those bike racks.

I am not sure what would happen if I stumbled upon someone trying to take my bike. Not sure how much time I would be spending in jail if that was to ever happen.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:26 PM

thats why im glad my bike looks like crap, haha...no one wants to steal it

Old 05-12-2008, 07:30 PM

I'm glad they didn't get your bike. I am paranoid about leaving my bike in the mall lot, as there are too many young kids to mess with it, even if it doesn't get stolen. I am not sure that I could have held myself back at first sight of those scabs, but it is pretty dangerous to corner shady people like that. I think you did pretty well considering the circumstances.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:30 PM

FRACK!!!!!!!!

I feel sick to my stomach just reading this.

I might be in the market for an alarm too (and maybe lojack) pretty soon then.

Normally, if I'm parked anywhere other than my garage, or inside the base; I'll put the disk brake lock, and tie a bycicle chain to theleft passenger footpeg. I'll always park next to a post, column, or parking sign that I can tie the chain arround.

I know that it being a crappy bicycle chain, all they'd have to do is to knock the bike over to break it, but the more of a pain in the *** you make it for them to steal the bike, the more likely they are to look for the next easier target. I'll be upgrading to a real cable lock as soon as I find one that will fit inside my undertail.

I HATE FRAKKING THIEVES!!!!!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:32 PM

That's plain crazy! You handled that way better than I would have. Stupid people always want something for nothing. What ever happened to working hard for something you want. I hate thieves. I gotta bunch of tools stolen a while back. About 8 grand worth.

Quick Reply: Foxy 2 ALMOST stolen